Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
With the passing of Steve Jobs....

The first generation of the pioneers of the personal computer industry is for the most part gone. Does anyone know a good retrospective of the history of the personal computer industry? I'm also looking for the histories of particular companies like Apple and Microsoft and particular people like Bill Joy.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Pirates of Silicon Valley (wiki entry about the movie) is based on the book Fire in the Valley: The Making of The Personal Computer by Paul Freiberger and Michael Swaine.

I saw the movie on TV and thought the background history of the people and beginning companies was interesting. I know there is a better way to describe what I mean, but I don't quite know how to say it. The era of "pirates", them (establishment) and us (those with new ideas), even watching the changes to move forward and how people change was fascinating for me to watch.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
There was a good documentary on PBS, Triumph of the Nerds. (watch out for the woman from Xerox Parc, quite possibly the most bitter person in the history of personal computers... and for very good reason!) I see it's also based on a book called Accidental Empires. I plan to read the Jobs bio when it comes out.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote