Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Syncing with Kobo Apps

I've been following the posts in this forum although I own a NOOKtouch. There are issues with syncing that device with other NOOKs and NOOK apps. Barnes & Noble refuse to publicly acknowledge anything related to bugs and lacking features.

Can anyone confirm successful syncing with the Kobo Touch and Android app?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Mine sync really, really well. Perfect, even. I was shocked to see it work so flawlessly, as this was definitely not always true in the past with Kobo wiFi and earlier versions of the Android App.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Mine sync really, really well. Perfect, even. I was shocked to see it work so flawlessly, as this was definitely not always true in the past with Kobo wiFi and earlier versions of the Android App.
That's wonderful news! I feel suckered into buying the NOOKtouch because they touted the syncing feature.

I pointed fingers at the Kobo for not allowing you to change margins and line spacing. That was the main reason I didn't even consider it. I'm willing to give the Kobo a try if it indeed syncs with the apps. I do hope they allow you to override publisher defaults very soon.

Last edited by SCION; 06-18-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Typo
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The margins/line heights are definitely coming--I was actually surprised that the refresh update came out separately from that.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Important to know: sync works only with kepub books--not with side-loaded ones. I don't know if and when that might change.
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
Nanopr
Connoisseur
Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch
Syncing for sideloaded content would be very nice! And its really nice to know that Kobo syncing works.

Last edited by Nanopr; 06-18-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Add additional comment
Nanopr is offline   Reply With Quote