Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
trinsic
Edge User

Backup Device

I dont know if this has been stated before, but there needs to be an application that backs up the entire unit in-case an update breaks something or the user decides he doesn't want the update. Currently the backup software only backs up your library. If there is a way to do this please let me know. I dont want to be reinstalling applications if I have to reset my device, if that is even possible.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

I moved the library to the SD card, and keep .APKs in a download folder in the SD card. Pretty much everything is on the SD card. So, all I have to do is take it out, put it in my laptop, and copy everything on the card to the laptop. Not exactly the same as a one-step clone, but usable.

Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
borisb
Edge User

I've investigated full backup apps, like Titanium Backup, and they require root access (which we don't have on the eDGe). So, the best you can do is manually back up bits and pieces.

Files you can copy across the mini-usb link to your PC fairly easily.

However, application data, such as browser bookmarks, etc., aren't accessible so you would lose those (unless the app has some sort of "backup" function built in, and in the case of browser bookmarks there are apps to backup, restore and even sort them).

I'd really like to see a full backup facility in the eDGe.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
sjarrel
Edge User

I moved the library to a 16 GB SDcard too and made a copy on my PC. Everything is on it and I can copy it to a 32 GB SDcard when I need more space. My PC is also backed up, so it should be safe.