Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #46
zechs
zechs began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
Everything you need to build a Windows tool is provided. A copy of Visual Studio C++ Express (a free download) and 10 lines of C code (provided by Sony), and you've got your very own LRS to LRF tool you can customize to your heart's content.
Hi guys !!!
I scoured the prslabs site. I could not find that 10 line source code that you mentioned anywhere. Can you please provide the url?

thanks
zechs
zechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #47
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zechs
I scoured the prslabs site. I could not find that 10 line source code that you mentioned anywhere. Can you please provide the url?
Check the XylogParser API manual.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #48
zechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
Check the XylogParser API manual.
Oh, that one.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #49
zechs

just out of curiosity,

Have you guys had any luck with xylogparser.dll. I could not get it to work. Keep getting error in XYP_SetXmlFileName(unsigned short *fname). The error I got ranges from 8, 11 and 12. The test file (lrs file) I used was the one that came from sony (OZ.zop).
Old 04-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #50
zechs

Getting XylogParser.DLL to Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperanc
Has anyone tried to do this? I have tried it in python using the following code (which didn´t work):

Code:
from ctypes import *
xylog = windll.LoadLibrary("XylogParser.dll")

check = xylog.MSXML_InitInstance()

if check:
    success = xylog.XYP_Create()
    print "create=",success
    xylog.XYP_SetTextCompressionFlag(0)
    xylog.XYP_SetPCMCompressionFlag(0)
    xylog.XYP_SetFontEncFlag(0)
    xylog.XYP_SetProducerName(u"test")
    #XYP_SetMsgWnd(wnd);
    #XYP_SetMsgID(WM_USER + 100)
    parse = xylog.XYP_ParseDocument(u"test.lrs")
    print "parse=",parse
    xylog.XYP_Release()
Incidentally, the output is

create= 1
parse= 0
The way I got XYP_ParseDocument to work was:

1) make sure the filename supplied is in unicode format. i.e. if your Filename is "Test.lrs", the contents of filename should be:

(c notation - sorry I am not familiar with Python)
ushort *Filename = {0x0054, 0x0065, 0x0073, 0x0074, 0x002e, 0x006c, 0x0072, 0x0073, 0x000}

2) Change the BookID (especially if you are using the sony supplied LRS files). The first 2 characters has to be: "FB"

Good luck !!!!

zechs
Advert
Old 07-27-2007, 09:01 AM   #51
swr2408018
Enthusiast
swr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enough

Has anyone registered or downloaded from the Sony site since April? I tried registering yesterday using a couple different email addresses and haven't received activation information (not in the junk mail folder, either). The site seems to have done some basic work:

a) It won't let me register again with the same email address or email address
b) It recognizes the email address if I ask them to send me my password (but here also I never receive anything)

I cannot login to the site with either account name and password.

If they've shut down the site, does anyone have a pointer to the BBeB character set specification?

Thanks!
swr2408018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #52
batpuppy
Connoisseur
batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 , Samsung TabA 8.0, Kindle fire 7.0
Hi,
I just registered at the site a few minutes ago after reading this post. I got the activation information in less than a minute and am logged into the site right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swr2408018 View Post
Has anyone registered or downloaded from the Sony site since April? I tried registering yesterday using a couple different email addresses and haven't received activation information (not in the junk mail folder, either). The site seems to have done some basic work:

b) It recognizes the email address if I ask them to send me my password (but here also I never receive anything)

If they've shut down the site, does anyone have a pointer to the BBeB character set specification?

Thanks!
batpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:45 AM   #53
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swr2408018 View Post

Thanks!
Not sure if this helps, but check your spam filter settings. I remember when I registered @ their site, the time stamp of the welcome e-mail was incorrect. Some spam filters may be allergic to this.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:25 AM   #54
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Not sure if this helps, but check your spam filter settings. I remember when I registered @ their site, the time stamp of the welcome e-mail was incorrect. Some spam filters may be allergic to this.
Their mail agent is really badly configured. A lot of MTAs are likely to drop the e-mail before it even gets to a spam checker. It's not just the time stamp. They're also sending it through a machine with no reverse DNS, virtually guaranteeing it's going to get dropped.

Add to that, it's sending HTML e-mail with a mangled MIME type header and no multi-part plain-text component, and you've got a recipe for getting dropped in the bit bucket unknown.

If you don't get the e-mail immediately, and it's not in your junk filters, you'll have to use another address. A lot of commercial services are going to reject it out of hand.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:33 AM   #55
batpuppy
Connoisseur
batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 , Samsung TabA 8.0, Kindle fire 7.0
Well not sure if this will help or not but yahoo mail seem to have no problem getting the email.
batpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #56
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpuppy View Post
Well not sure if this will help or not but yahoo mail seem to have no problem getting the email.
Somehow, that seems appropriate. Yahoo! was never too big on details like RFCs anyway.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #57
swr2408018
Enthusiast
swr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enoughswr2408018 will become famous soon enough

Thanks, guys, that (Yahoo hotmail account) did the trick! Steve
swr2408018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:54 AM   #58
flubu
master of my own domain
flubu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
The only "tool" is the XYLog parser DLL.

So far in the tool department it's "We help those whom help themselves." :-)

I've got an official parser API spec to aim for in Java, I'm a happy coder.

This officially derails all other efforts.
If you need another java hand, let me know. It's what I do for a living and I'd be interested in helping out.
flubu is offline   Reply With Quote