Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Who decides stars?

When I download metadata, the rating field is usually filled in. Usually 4 stars, sometimes 2 or 3. I always set the rating down to 0 stars, and rate the book myself once I have read it. But I just downloaded metadata for a recent bestseller, and it had 2 stars. Some of my Harlequin romances have 4 stars. Who decides?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's the amazon star rating. If you don't like it, you can disable it and use your own.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I always just erase it. Is there a way to disable it, so I don't have to manually set it back to zero?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->plugins->metadata download plugins and customize the amazon plugin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks!
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
And here I was thinking it was Kovid working away in his workshop, night and day, quickly finding, buying, reading, and rating every book that got entered into Calibre. Kinda like the fridge-gnomes who turn off the light after you close the door.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
Ambermonk
Enthusiast
Ambermonk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2, Kindle3, Fire HD6, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Go to preferences->plugins->metadata download plugins and customize the amazon plugin.
Great tip Kovid. That will make a big difference in my future downloads.
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #9
Ambermonk
Enthusiast
Ambermonk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2, Kindle3, Fire HD6, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
When I download metadata, the rating field is usually filled in. ...Who decides?
One popular method among Calibré users is to have the star rating in all downloads set to "0," and after you have read the book, assign your own rating. This will also make clear which books you have read and which ones you haven't.
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote