Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-29-2016, 10:37 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
KF8 question

I'm putting an ebook into this company called Book Funnel. So they want an epub and a mobi. But they have this check box about KF8. Well, I make my mobi from Kindlegen and those are KF8s so I would need to check the box, right? And although the html cover file has been removed to avoid the "double cover" the cover is still embedded. So all I need to do is take the mobi from KDP, upload it and check the box, right? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_154.png
Views:	291
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	152036  
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:14 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I'm putting an ebook into this company called Book Funnel. So they want an epub and a mobi. But they have this check box about KF8. Well, I make my mobi from Kindlegen and those are KF8s so I would need to check the box, right? And although the html cover file has been removed to avoid the "double cover" the cover is still embedded. So all I need to do is take the mobi from KDP, upload it and check the box, right? Thanks.
Gregg:

Well, you're asking us to drive blindfolded, but if you've used Kindlegen, (or KP, or the KDP), then, yes, you have a KF8 file.

With regard to the cover question--IF you removed the cover.html file from your (ePUB?), and built it with a) the cover image correctly id'ed in the meta, then, b) yes, sweetie, that should be right.

OK?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:43 PM   #3
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Gregg:

Well, you're asking us to drive blindfolded, but if you've used Kindlegen, (or KP, or the KDP), then, yes, you have a KF8 file.

With regard to the cover question--IF you removed the cover.html file from your (ePUB?), and built it with a) the cover image correctly id'ed in the meta, then, b) yes, sweetie, that should be right.

OK?

Hitch
Hitch, thank you!
Old 10-05-2016, 12:19 AM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hitch, thank you!
You betcha. Now, let's hope I'm right. {smile}

Hitch
Old 10-05-2016, 11:53 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
You betcha. Now, let's hope I'm right. {smile}

Hitch
You were right. It worked perfectly.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:10 AM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
You were right. It worked perfectly.
I promise to only use this power for good.

Hitch
Old 10-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #7
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
I promise to only use this power for good.

Hitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRv9wGf5pk