Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
Roseweave
Enthusiast
Roseweave began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight, Nook HD
Possible to get pressure sensitive stylus for Nook HD?

Just wondering. I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet which I use for digital painting etc. but it would be nice to be able to draw with my tablet on the go too. Is it possible to do this? Maybe some sort of bluetooth device, I'm not sure.
Roseweave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Most pressure-sensitive Android stylii use Bluetooth, which the Nook should be able to use if it has Bluetooth. I've seen reviews saying Bluetooth works well but haven't tried it myself. There are some pressure-sensitive styluses that use soundwaves and those won't work without a microphone.

Last edited by Rbneader; 12-08-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
The touch screen on the Nook HD isn't pressure sensitive. There are several painting and drawing apps on Google Play that are supposedly compatible with the Nook HD although I've never tried them. For example, this one is listed as being compatible: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nterfull&hl=en

Last edited by jscarbo; 12-09-2013 at 10:00 AM.
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Roseweave
Enthusiast

It's not the screen that's pressure sensitive generally.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Exactly. There are many Bluetooth styluses and some soundwave styluses that don't depend on the screen being able to do anything. With a Bluetooth stylus, the app compatibility is the important part, because the app has to be able to talk to the stylus and vice versa.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Roseweave
Enthusiast

and recs for an affordable bluetooth stylus?