Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #1501
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Shouldn't this be a sticky? It is a pretty important thread.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #1502
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Do you know a mod that might feel responsible for this subforum? Then ask him. We have been waiting for this thread to become a sticky for years now... nobody feeling responsible you see what we have got now
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #1503
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Done. Thanks go to Harry
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #1504
sonkan
sonkan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Hi guys! i cant find any information about the password for the fiemware? Thanks for the good work with the updates!
sonkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #1505
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
You don't need the password to update the firmware. If you are using the one published by Booxtor, follow the instructions in this page:
http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

Good luck!
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #1506
docidocus
Enthusiast
docidocus began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hi! I dont know whether it is even asked somewhere else, but is there any possibility to dowload beta or developer-builds of the M92 firmware? I would like it to test the newest builds to report bugs and help maybe developing.

Thank you!
docidocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #1507
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
In my opinion, don't expect new firmwares. I believe all developers are working on the new ereader.
If you would like, you can send an email to onyx international, asking them to release as free software the "old" firmware present in M92 and i62 (except adobe reader).
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #1508
docidocus
Enthusiast
docidocus began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Thank you for your answer, but what do you mean? The new R-series-reader? Is there no hope, that they bring out a new version (actually 1.8) of the fimeware; so that multitasking etc. which was planned for 2.0 would be not implemented? Or have I misunderstood you???

Last edited by docidocus; 09-23-2013 at 06:34 AM.
docidocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #1509
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
He who hopes, dies last.
But through the fog, you can look the end is near.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #1510
Sincopa
Sincopa began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M92

Hello, guys!!! I have now a big problem with the onyx M92 and I don't Know the solution.
I make one update to the last versions one week ago, and I read yesterday with the device and was "ok" but today the device it don't goes.
In the first time I thought "will be the battery"..
But I put the device on the electric flow and the led on the device was on...
In the second time, I came to the forum for to looking for somebody with the same problem and I found somebody that had been spoke of this problem.
Scuse me because is my first time in this forum and maybe don't speak very well English.

Thank you very much in advance
Sincopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #1511
Esteve
Esteve began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Software install

Hi there,

I've recently bought a M92 (white) and installed the newest firmware.
So far everything works fine but I don't know how to install (or use) third-party software. If I click on a .oar (screensaver manager and calculator) file, the spinning symbol appears for a while but nothing else happens (the application does not open nor appear in the applications folder).
Am I doing something wrong?

Best,
Esteve
Esteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #1512
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteve View Post
Hi there,
I've recently bought a M92 (white) and installed the newest firmware.
So far everything works fine but I don't know how to install (or use) third-party software. If I click on a .oar (screensaver manager and calculator) file, the spinning symbol appears for a while but nothing else happens (the application does not open nor appear in the applications folder).
Am I doing something wrong?

Best,
Esteve
Hi,
The applications are installed in the "Applications" folder of the main screen. Some third-party softwares, like OTFM, reboots the device.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #1513
Sincopa

Ciao !!! I read this tread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205377
and I am very, very afraid for the solution.
I'm clear that the onyx boox have a big problem...I don't know if will be with the battery or with the motherboard...I used my onyx boox with great care and don't used away only at home.
The device is with the orange led when it is on charge and I prove all possibilities.
Reset. reset + power, power + ok....and nothing happens.
Please...

Best
Sincopa
Old 09-29-2013, 04:05 AM   #1514
Sincopa

For information/para informacion/per informazione!!!
Read this!!! ufffff
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...59#post2639059
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164013
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=205377&page=5

I have one onyx boox M92 and I think now that or just chuck them away or pay for to repair (my device not had any damage) or buy other ebook but not Onyx!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 04:38 AM   #1515
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincopa View Post
buy other ebook but not Onyx!!!
Is there a manufacturer that *will* treat broken screen as a warranty case?
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote