Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #31
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
[QUOTE=Blue2u;

In the T2 I'd be looking for simpler changes like no shiny bezel and clock and battery display available during reading. For me, keeping it simple is best. Guess we'll have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Loose the shiny bezel.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #32
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitarywolf View Post
I have to agree. Loose the shiny bezel.
= masking tape ......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #33
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
= masking tape ......
GASP!

On my black T1 with cover? Now that would look even worse than the glare...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #34
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
Smile PRS-Txxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno_ View Post
Wait - the $160 T1 I bought 10 days ago is outdated already in a month or two;

Is this a joke?
in the states there is price protection.. and most of the T1 have been on discount. Outdated- is a relative term.. marketing drives sales of Newer better faster.. but my 350 is still a champ!

I do like my T1 in the standard case.. (minimal lightweight and works)

Generally Sony new release cycle is towards the Fall (in summer we hear the rumors) :-)

T! keep it. Enjoy it. Use it.. the elusive what is new around the corner will always be that.. elusive.

I find the wifi access on the T1 handy but i rather focus on reading.. than hitting the net for wiki or google.
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #35
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
GASP!

On my black T1 with cover? Now that would look even worse than the glare...
So get a matt black marker from a graphic arts shop and put that on the masking tape !

I have never quite got the glare complaint, I've never noticed it really.
Certainly not enough to worry me, or spoil my reading.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #36
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
There are covers, such as this one, that cover up the bezel.

For mine, I got a black silicone slip on case that covers most of the shiny parts. Makes the reader easy to hold, also.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #37
Quinto
Quinto began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Do you think we get an update for the T1 before the T2 release?
It would be nice if they fix some issues: font changing, anti-aliasing/font rendering,... but I have a hunch that they've already forgotten T1 users
Quinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:28 AM   #38
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Preorder for T2 available

http://www.shopereaders.com/product-p/sony-prs-t2.htm

It seems that finally bring only software changes, there seems to be nothing new in hardware

ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #39
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post

It seems that finally bring only software changes, there seems to be nothing new in hardware
This seems strange that there's no hardware changes at all - it seems a bit cynical that it's purely a $$$ grab on Sony's part.

On the other hand, it should be relatively simple to use any new software on the T1.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #40
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post

This seems highly dubious to me. When I pre-ordered my PRS-650 a few years ago, I had to do it from Sony's website. They don't even have the PRS-T2 listed there yet.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #41
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I agree, how can they have it up for pre-order when it hasn't even been announced by Sony?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I agree, how can they have it up for pre-order when it hasn't even been announced by Sony?
And the photo is that of a PRS-900.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #43
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
...never mind, please ignore
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #44
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Imagine... T2 = T1 with 7"...

Dreaming... :-D
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #45
nugstar
nugstar doesn't litternugstar doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1 AMR
I've been researching about the T2 since I was just planning to buy the T1. Found a slight difference in the testing methods in the FCC reports.

The T1 tests were set up with the reader, ac adaptor, headphones and microSD card.
The T2 tests were conducted without the headphones, but with the same ac adaptor, and a microSD card (though a different part number SC-8C vs SC-8A4, both being 8GB cards).

The set up of each is stated to be "configured in typical fashion (as customer would normally use it) for testing".

This could mean the T2 lacks the audio capabilities of the T1, then again, the tester may not have had headphones available when testing.

The 950 was tested without headphones, despite having a port, though by a different testing company.

This minor difference probably means nothing really.

Anyways, any thoughts on buying the T1 now vs waiting for the T2? Was there a significant price drop for the PRS-650 when the T1 came out?
nugstar is offline   Reply With Quote