Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
irene stephney
irene stephney began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
The joys of reading

Hello all, my name is Irene Stephney, I am posting from lovely Barbados, and I am very excited to be here!
I look foward to interesting discussions and gaining new insights and ideas, as well as sharing some of my own experiences.
A self confessed book worm, I tend to read anything I can get my hands on. I remember the joy I felt when my son started reading on his own, his favourite book was 'pigs in wigs' and he read it to anyone who would listen. I can still hear him sounding out those letters, and seeing his little face as he discovered he was doing it all by himself.
I think its so important that we encourage reading in young people, and as a lawyer I see too often the negative effect that the lack of this skill can have on a person's life.
At the urging of my son and his friends, who complained that there arent enough 'boy books' I published a story called 'The mystery of the missing sea eggs' on kindle. Barbados provided a great backdrop for the story, and I must say I love living here!
Cheers to everyone!
irene stephney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Irene and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books, boys, caribbean, children, reading