Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
kjturner71
kjturner71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Family with multiple Kobos

I have a Kobo eReader and I want to buy a second eReader for my wife. Can the books that I purchase through Kobo be installed on both devices or will DRM prevent that? In the paper book world, if I bought a book and read it, my wife has every right to read it as well since I own the book.
kjturner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Using two Kobo's with one account works just fine.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Only difference is that in the real world, you can not both be using the book at the same time....

Remember there might be some confusion if you use books in Kobo's format as opposed to true ePub format, as both the Desktop and WiFi Kobo, if you use the Update Library option, will synchronize book marks.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
In my house, my husband syncs and I download epubs. It avoids the bookmark confusion. Be sure to use the same ADE account as well.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
erictoma
Banned
erictoma doesn't littererictoma doesn't litter

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
In my house, my husband syncs and I download epubs. It avoids the bookmark confusion. Be sure to use the same ADE account as well.
wow are you a female
I always thought you are a male
erictoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictoma View Post
wow are you a female
I always thought you are a male
In Canada, men can have husbands, too, but yes, I am a woman. A 58 year old kinda sorta geeky one.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
In Canada, men can have husbands, too, but yes, I am a woman. A 58 year old kinda sorta geeky one.
Hahahahaha! I think it's the picture of the slippered-foot that throws people off!!! It's not a pink, fluffy slipper
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I will request pink fluffy slippers from the family slipper buyer .
Old 12-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #9
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
My wife and I each have a Kobo and use one account. Sometimes read the same books and sometimes we don't. The books that don't get sideloaded we usually load via ADE.

Occasionally I use the desktop app to load one onto my Kobo because I like to see the cover art and sometimes they don't appear on the epub loaded by ADE (has to do with where the publisher puts the cover in the file itself as to whether it shows up in ADE)
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #10
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Thanks for the info
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_smith View Post
Occasionally I use the desktop app to load one onto my Kobo because I like to see the cover art and sometimes they don't appear on the epub loaded by ADE (has to do with where the publisher puts the cover in the file itself as to whether it shows up in ADE)
you can always use calibre to load the cover into the epub and then load that new w/ cover version onto your kobo.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote