Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #31
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
Downloaded, and I'll slide it to the top of my TBR list. Love near future thrillers!!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #32
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
I'm not griping at you. An author has every right to publish with DRM. I simply contend that more people can buy your book without DRM.

Good luck, and thanks for the download.
HI SOS,

I don't believe in DRM - in fact I have a distinct dislike for it. I am releasing on Amazon first, then Smashwords and then POD, probably through Createspace.

The reason for this timeline is simply the work involved in getting the book into different formats and the hoops you have to jump through. As a "foreign" author publishing in the US, there is a fair amount of bureaucracy involved - tax numbers etc.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #33
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingMaNs View Post
Downloaded, and I'll slide it to the top of my TBR list. Love near future thrillers!!
Great - hope you'll take the time to let me know what you thought of it.

All the best,
Simon
Old 08-26-2010, 01:39 AM   #34
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Just downloaded your epub version of Tag. Sounds interesting. Just as SameOldStory mentioned it could take some time to get to your book. I read about a book every two days. And I have 100+ books on my current reading list. I will try to slip it in when I am in the middle of a series of books and start to a get that burnt/drained feeling. Win/Win, I will use your book as breather and will end up getting to it sooner.

I will send a review to your blog or on here after I am done. Cheers.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #35
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Love the concept, sounds like a good read!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #36
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlk View Post
Love the concept, sounds like a good read!
Thanks William much appreciated. Look forward to hearing what you thought of it.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #37
simonroyle
Addict

Pricing

Would like to seek the forum's advice on pricing.

The two prices I am considering are USD2.99 and USD4.99. My question is: how many of you would NOT buy at the higher price simply as a matter of principle?

Look forward to the answers.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:56 AM   #38
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Downloaded.
Will have to wait for my Kindle before reading it.
Pricing ? Hmm - dont know really. Depends how much I want it, really.
It appears that $3 are added to the price on Amazon.com since I live in Denmark.
Don't really understand that. Will buy all ebooks using wifi ( not 3G ) but maybe it's a tax thing. Wish I could buy ebooks from UK as I did/do with pbooks, but ...
Will get back to you once I've read your book.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:21 AM   #39
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'm happy upto $6 .... (seems to be the upper range of most of my novels purchased during the last couple of years)
Old 08-29-2010, 05:48 AM   #40
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
Would like to seek the forum's advice on pricing.

The two prices I am considering are USD2.99 and USD4.99. My question is: how many of you would NOT buy at the higher price simply as a matter of principle?

Look forward to the answers.

Thanks.
If the author is an unknown (and a non-DRM ebook), I will pay up to USD3.99 as below.

USD 0.99 I just buy it.
USD 1.99 I just buy it - I'll take a chance
USD 2.99 I'll take a chance only if it really grabs my attention.
USD 3.99 Usually, only if I have noted comments from others who have the same reading tastes that I have.
USD 4.99 I hold off as I have enough to read on my TBR list.

I will pay more for works by authors I have read and liked.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #41
jschall
Avid Reader
jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Archos 5 Internet Tablet, Pandigital Novel , Acer Iconia A100
Unhappy Can't download

I would love to read "Tag". But the links for both versions on the "Don't quit the day job" Wordpress blog just aren't working on my Archo 5 Internet Tablet, using the xScope G browser.

The epub link opens my personal Google Docs folders, no sign of anything shared by simonroyle.

The pdf link takes me to maukiethecat.html

Hmmm...
Old 08-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #42
simonroyle
Addict

Hi Jeff,

Don't know what's going on there, no one else has reported any problems. I just tried the links myself to be sure and everything seems OK.

If you want to send me an email with your email I'd be happy to send you the epub file (not trolling for email addresses just want readers).

Best regards,
Simon
Old 08-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #43
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
If the author is an unknown (and a non-DRM ebook), I will pay up to USD3.99 as below.

USD 0.99 I just buy it.
USD 3.99 Usually, only if I have noted comments from others who have the same reading tastes that I have.

Great reply - thanks this was exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks Dreams. Would you mind if I used that in a blog post? I can credit or strip out personal information as required...
Old 08-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #44
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

USD 0.99 I just buy it.

I almost fully agree with Dreams, except as we are talking about unknown/unproven Indie authors and I have more than enough on my TBR.

$0.99 I'll also just buy it if it looks interesting enough.
$1.99 If it grabs me I'll maybe just buy it - take a chance - otherwise I read the sample first before I buy.
$2.99 and above I'll always read the sample first.
Once the Indie author has proven him(her)self to me I'll buy without sampling up to $6
I'll not pay more than $9.99 for any author mainstream or otherwise. I just wait for the ebook price to drop or buy second hand as Pbook whilst I reduce my TBR:
Old 08-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #45
jschall
Avid Reader
jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jschall could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Archos 5 Internet Tablet, Pandigital Novel , Acer Iconia A100
Thumbs up Works with Chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
Don't know what's going on there, no one else has reported any problems. I just tried the links myself to be sure and everything seems OK.
The download links are fine on my Windows Chrome browser.

Read the Prologue and Chapter 1...

The formatting looks OK so far, I'm hooked on the plot, definitely a steal at $5.00!
Closed Thread