Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #16
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by findjon View Post
* Red Chaser is a Kindle book. I'll have Amazon email you a gift certificate. The smallest gift certificate at Amazon is $5, so after you download Red Chaser for $3.99, you'll have a buck and a penny in change. Spend it wisely!

Jon
findjon@msn.com
H'mmmmmmmmmmm! - All that glitters - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #17
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
H'mmmmmmmmmmm! - All that glitters - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ooooo, shiny!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #18
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by obs20 View Post
Because I just finished The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, I'm interested this period. I see that it is for sale on Smashwords.
Did you say smashwords? Now there's a sterling idea. Where is the link to findjon's book on smashwords?

Amazon no good for Ozzie with Sony Reader.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #19
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Did you say smashwords? Now there's a sterling idea. Where is the link to findjon's book on smashwords?

This seems to be it

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/10951

So Jon how about a voucher offer for Smashwords readers?
Old 06-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #20
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Since when has Amazon been good with Sony Reader anywhere?
Old 06-26-2010, 01:09 AM   #21
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Since when has Amazon been good with Sony Reader anywhere?
good point! but cost Ozzie more at Amazon than O/P So even worser for ozzies.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:32 AM   #22
findjon
findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Sorry, right now the offer is only for Kindle.

Jon
Old 06-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #23
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Presumably you've DRM-locked it so we can't use it on any other platform. Have you considered that this might have something to do with the reason that you have to pay people to download it?
Old 06-26-2010, 03:42 AM   #24
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Is it just me or is there a strong smell of fish around here somewhere?

Pay you to download from Amazon in exchange for your email, does not mention it is on Smashwords until challenged but you have to pay full price there?

It could have been offered for free on either site if he so wanted.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #25
findjon
findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Nothing fishy here at all.

Kindle is just my preference. If you would prefer to buy Red Chaser on smashwords, you can. Or you can take me up on my offer and get it for free on Kindle plus a buck and a penny.

You might label my offer as silly, fishy, or whatever, but the offer is what it is.

By the way, I've listed my email address, so if you want to sell it, be my guest. As for selling your email address, no thanks.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #26
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Your preference? Well, I guess a struggling little company like Amazon needs all the help it can get.

But DRM'd books available only for platforms I don't own ... nope, can't pay me to take them away.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #27
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
Quote:
Sorry, right now the offer is only for Kindle.

Jon
Sorry, I have a Sony.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #28
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Hey, Jon! Welcome aboard. That's a novel way of promoting your, erm, novel!

In Canada, the Smashwords edition is $3.99; the Amazon edition is $5.99 and with your offer the Amazon edition is $0.99. What's not to love?

Hope you have some good success and anyone who takes you up on the offer (or buys "retail"), posts a short review here. The Amazon user reviews -- going back several months -- are generally glowingly positive. Hopefully this guerilla marketing provides another spike.

BTW, do you have a follow-up planned?
Old 06-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #29
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Kindle is just my preference. If you would prefer to buy Red Chaser on smashwords, you can. Or you can take me up on my offer and get it for free on Kindle plus a buck and a penny.
It is not a matter of preference. I wonder if you are aware of this. People with a different ereader than a Kindle (and there are many of them: Sony. Nook, Onyx Boox, BeBook, etc. etc.) just can't use the Kindle edition of your book on their ereaders, so your offer is just more or less worthless to them. Except that they can get a $5 gift certificate for $3.99, but what are they going to do with that? Buy another Kindle book that will not work on their ereader?
Old 06-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #30
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Promoting on Amazon makes sense, because the higher your rating, the better your placement. Getting his sales up, even temporarily, could pay off. And right now, Kindle dominates the American market. I think that epub may be the wave of the future, but I could be wrong.
Closed Thread