Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #76
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Is James Taylor a MR member? If he is and he's reading this, I just wanted to say thank you for this review just posted:

Quote:
I enjoyed this book. Well written. Will look for more by this author.
James, if you'd like to read my next book, Sleight Malice, please email/PM me.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #77
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NOTICE OF THREAD CLOSURE

I have been advised that thanking MR members for reviews is not acceptable practice and seen as a way of perpetuating the life of the thread. That was never my intention and I apologise for any offence taken.

I must be honest and say that this has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth as I was giving the book free to members and not selling it. Since joining, I have been an active participant in a variety of forums, even earning karma for helping other members.

More importantly, I’d like to thank all those members who welcomed me and supported me. I’ve met some great people and for me, that’s been the best part of my experience with MR.

If anyone wishes to contact me, please email me at the address on my website.

Again I apologise.

Last edited by alvico; 02-22-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #78
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ummm .. who said that it is inappropriate? A moderator? I don't seen that it's bad.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #79
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
NOTICE OF THREAD CLOSURE

I have been advised that thanking MR members for reviews is not acceptable practice and seen as a way of perpetuating the life of the thread. That was never my intention and I apologise for any offence taken.

I must be honest and say that this has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth as I was giving the book free to members and not selling it. Since joining, I have been an active participant in a variety of forums, even earning karma for helping other members.

More importantly, I’d like to thank all those members who welcomed me and supported me. I’ve met some great people and for me, that’s been the best part of my experience with MR.

Again I apologise.
I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing, as you are trying to find the people who wrote reviews and are handing out your next book. I think there's a good trade there.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #80
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
NOTICE OF THREAD CLOSURE

Again I apologise.
I don't understand this... Who told you this was not acceptable? We see a lot of authors here adding to their threads to keep them alive - or making new thread with the same purpose - to sell their books...

You're giving your book away for free, and wanting to give someone, who had posted a review, another book for free surely can only be regarded as being generous.

Thin Blood is a fantastic read, and I hope the many new members coming on here daily gets a chance to read it.

Great Work, Vicki..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #81
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Really well written. The action starts very quickly, with good charater developement. You want to know what going to happen and just keep turnning the page saying to yourself I'll stop at the end of this chapter and the next thing you know your still reading. I was up untill 2AM the first night. I hope Vicki writes her next novel soon. I am ready.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #82
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
Really well written. The action starts very quickly, with good charater developement. You want to know what going to happen and just keep turnning the page saying to yourself I'll stop at the end of this chapter and the next thing you know your still reading. I was up untill 2AM the first night. I hope Vicki writes her next novel soon. I am ready.
I agree... Someone on another thread said free books weren't worth downloading, but that's definately not the case with this one... It was beautifully formatted and edited... I didn't find one spelling mistake in it (mistakes to me are like spiders - if they're visible, I see them)
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #83
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I agree... Someone on another thread said free books weren't worth downloading, but that's definately not the case with this one... It was beautifully formatted and edited... I didn't find one spelling mistake in it (mistakes to me are like spiders - if they're visible, I see them)
Ahah! So that's my problem. A spider can walk right across my lap and I won't even notice it. Ditto for typos (if typos could walk). I need to be more arachnophobic.

But I concur that Thin Blood is an excellent, finely crafted and compelling read, and I don't usually read this genre. It transcends my usual bias against mysteries and police procedurals.

It's worth much more than what the author is usually asking, never mind free.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #84
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
alvico, I'm reading Thin Blood and I'm really enjoying it. I'm about 3/4 of the way through and I still have no idea whodunit.

Please don't stop posting at MR. There's some authors who have been bumping threads for their own self-promotion and I guess the Mods have become sensitive to this. I don't consider you to be in that category and I enjoy reading your posts.

lene, I see every spider too, but I haven't spotted any in Thin Blood. It's beautifully written and edited.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:43 AM   #85
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Thanks for this book. I loved it. I read it in one straight read. Unusual for me. I agree with Mores in that the twist came only a couple of pages before the end and then needed an Epilogue to explain it. I wouldike that scene to be longer to really enjoy the twist.
I hope you have written more or are writing more now. I really enjoyed your writing style.
Thanks c
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 AM   #86
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Vicki,

Wow! I just finished "Thin Blood". I started it the other morning before I was suppose to be somewhere, and I couldn't stop reading! I had to finally put it down, so I could leave (of course, I was late). As soon as I arrived back home, I just had to finish it.

The story grabbed me from the beginning, and moved so fast, that there just never seemed a place where I could stop and put it down for later. Your characters were so well written that they became real people to me. I was kept guessing until the end of the story.

I can't wait to start your other one, "Sleight Malice".

Thank you for a fantastic story.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:33 PM   #87
alvico
Addict

I'm thrilled you couldn't stop reading Thin Blood, dreams! Thanking for letting me know.

I hope you enjoy Sleight Malice just as much.

Cheers
Vicki
Old 09-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #88
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Come meet Vicki at my blog today: http://hauntedcomputer.blogspot.com

Scott
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote