Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 12:57 AM   #16
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
You're welcome. Happy reading...
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:02 AM   #17
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Many Thanks Vicki - just in time as I was running out :-). And welcome to MR - great place with lots of fun and great people.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:21 AM   #18
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
What a way to make an appearance. "Hi ... here's my book ... for free"

Welcome, and thank you. The blurb makes it move up on my reading queue!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:25 AM   #19
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
Unfortunately, Connie doesn't offer a sample. Even at $0.99 I'm not going to buy a book based on the blurb alone. Does anyone? Just curious.
I've bought 99c books just based on the title!
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #20
mollie38
Connoisseur
mollie38 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 Kindle 3gwifi
Many thanks

Mary
mollie38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #21
LauraLynn
Enthusiast
LauraLynn is on a distinguished road

Device: iPod Touch, Dell Axim X30 & EB1150
Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to reading it. As for other mysteries... I enjoyed Debbi Mack's Identity Crisis also on Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/2451
LauraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #22
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Just got it. Problem with free eBooks is that you read it and you get hooked on the author and have to buy the rest. Damn these free books are expensive!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #23
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Welcome! Smashwords is running slower than usual atm, but I will get around to downloading it... thanks!

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I actually stumbled across this forum when I was searching for info on geographical restrictions (grrrr… ) on ebooks. Thank goodness for Smashwords.

Any recommendations for PDB ebooks in the mystery/detective or thriller/suspense genres available to Australian readers would be greatly appreciated.
Hehe - I stumbled across MR in a similar way, looking for 'kindle in australia' or some such thing a few months ago (before the international kindle).

Are you aware that your local library may have ebooks available? You may want to check out Overdrive's library search.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #24
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLynn View Post
Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to reading it. As for other mysteries... I enjoyed Debbi Mack's Identity Crisis also on Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/2451
Thanks for recommendation. I'll check it out when Smashwords isn't so slow.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #25
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Just got it. Problem with free eBooks is that you read it and you get hooked on the author and have to buy the rest. Damn these free books are expensive!
LOL This is the only one of my novels I've published as an ebook, but if you enjoy it and want to read more, please drop me a line and I'll see what I can do. Happy reading.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #26
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Welcome! Smashwords is running slower than usual atm, but I will get around to downloading it... thanks!

Hehe - I stumbled across MR in a similar way, looking for 'kindle in australia' or some such thing a few months ago (before the international kindle).

Are you aware that your local library may have ebooks available? You may want to check out Overdrive's library search.
Smashwords is running like a dog. A slow one.

For a few moments there, I was all excited. Alas PDB (Palm) is not one of searchable formats at Overdrive. Thank you so much for mentioning it, though.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #27
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
What a way to make an appearance. "Hi ... here's my book ... for free"

Welcome, and thank you. The blurb makes it move up on my reading queue!
A sort of springing out of the shadows and yelling "surprise" type of appearance?

I hope the story lives up to the blurb for you. Happy reading.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #28
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
I've bought 99c books just based on the title!
Once upon a time I would've too. Now, that I'm a struggling writer watching every cent I spend, I want to know what I'm buying.

I also question why a writer wouldn't make a sample available. Maybe I've read too many bad books.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #29
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Smashwords is running like a dog. A slow one.

For a few moments there, I was all excited. Alas PDB (Palm) is not one of searchable formats at Overdrive. Thank you so much for mentioning it, though.
Sorry Wasn't paying attention to the format you mentioned. Although - can you use the Mobipocket reader software on your palm device?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #30
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Sorry Wasn't paying attention to the format you mentioned. Although - can you use the Mobipocket reader software on your palm device?
Now that I didn't know. Thanks!