Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Thin Blood by Vicki Tyley – Australian Mystery

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking as a guest for quite some time, but have decided to “out” myself to offer one of my novels, Thin Blood, free to MobileRead members.

Blurb: A stockbroker’s wife disappears. Blood on his hands and an adulterous affair with the missing woman’s younger sister sees him charged with murder. With no body and only circumstantial evidence he walks free. Ten years later, journalist Jacinta Deller decides to investigate, only to become embroiled in a warped game of delusion and murder.

Available in all major formats at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4439 -- for free download use coupon code MU76B (expires 28 February 2010).

Happy reading!

Vicki

Last edited by alvico; 01-29-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: To add "free" to the post title.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:33 AM   #2
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW2
Thanks Vicki! Downloaded. I will dive into this on the weekend.

Jim
jgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:43 AM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Thank you! I downloaded a copy although it is going into my rather large queue. But I will get to it!

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
Many thanks.
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Vicky

I'm glad you decided to come out of lurk mode and thank you for giving us the coupon for your book.

We love to support author members who participate on MR. We especially appreciate it when authors take into consideration the worldwide membership and varied devices we own. Thank you for putting your book on smashwords so all of us have the opportunity to read it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
^^^^
What they said...Many Thanks
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
Willie Ekaslike
Willie Ekaslike began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PSR-505
Thanks Vicki.
Willie Ekaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi Vicky

Welcome to MR, and thanks for sharing your work... I have downloaded your book and I'm looking forward to reading it.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I actually stumbled across this forum when I was searching for info on geographical restrictions (grrrr… ) on ebooks. Thank goodness for Smashwords.

Any recommendations for PDB ebooks in the mystery/detective or thriller/suspense genres available to Australian readers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Vicki
Old 01-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! I actually snagged your book when you offered the deal on Karen's Books on the Knob blog. I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet but I am looking forward to it.

I did find on Smashwords a mystery series, by Connie Shelton that looks good. The first one is Deadly Gamble and it's 99 cents. I haven't read it yet so I can't tell you how it is, but it might fit what you're looking for.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Hello and welcome! I actually snagged your book when you offered the deal on Karen's Books on the Knob blog. I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet but I am looking forward to it.

I did find on Smashwords a mystery series, by Connie Shelton that looks good. The first one is Deadly Gamble and it's 99 cents. I haven't read it yet so I can't tell you how it is, but it might fit what you're looking for.
Thanks, lilac_jive. I'll check it out.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #12
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
Thanks, lilac_jive. I'll check it out.
Unfortunately, Connie doesn't offer a sample. Even at $0.99 I'm not going to buy a book based on the blurb alone. Does anyone? Just curious.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
Unfortunately, Connie doesn't offer a sample. Even at $0.99 I'm not going to buy a book based on the blurb alone. Does anyone? Just curious.
I never read samples, so I guess I'm one of those. I didn't even notice. It sounded interesting enough for me to buy it. She should offer a sample though.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #14
KS0000030
KS0000030 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
I am downloading this one! Thanks a lor fot sharing
KS0000030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #15
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Thanks
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote