Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #31
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sales bump!

Verdant Skies seems to be getting a slight back-from-vacation bump... so I'm giving this thread my own bump. Bump!

(I never would have believed so many people would wait until after vaca to buy a good, inexpensive e-book. I guess a lot of people had filled their storage cards before they left, and decided they could wait.)

I'm also getting some great feedback on the book, including from our fellow MR members, so I hope you-all will help me spread the word a bit.

Anybody thought of suggesting e-books as great for back-to-school book reports? Just wondering...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #32
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Well I finished Verdant Skies a couple of days ago. A fantastic read that ended far to soon. I found myself turning the last few pages in the desperate hope that it was not going to end yet.
Now. When are you going to finish the series? It is a series isn't it?
I need to mop up the few of your books I have not bought yet. Something to do today.

Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #33
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
When are you going to finish the series? It is a series isn't it?
Funny you should ask...

I purposely left the story open-ended, and in fact almost added an epilogue that would have made it even more clear that there could be more to the saga of the Verdant... (Spoiler Alert!)

Spoiler:
Unused epilogue: Sergei would get a surprise visit from Anise Lenz, asking him to leave Earth and join them.

There can be more stories... I've got some thoughts sketched out... but nothing that has been committed to. I figured I'd see how well the story did, and see if anyone showed interest in more of them.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #34
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ummm.So what are you doing here? Get writing. Please.

Seriously. I will be waiting with much anticipation.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #35
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

It's nice to have an eager public!

Actually, I'm dashing these off between breaks during my day job, which has extended into the weekend this week. Work, work, work...
Old 08-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #36
Stormchild
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
It's nice to have an eager public!

Actually, I'm dashing these off between breaks during my day job, which has extended into the weekend this week. Work, work, work...

Bummer. You have my sympathy.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #37
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Bummer. You have my sympathy.
You can make it up for me by going out and telling all your friends about the great book that they're not reading yet!

(And so help me, if you ask me which one that is... )
Old 08-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #38
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
You can make it up for me by going out and telling all your friends about the great book that they're not reading yet!

(And so help me, if you ask me which one that is... )
Soooo, which one is that?

**still reading and enjoying Verdant Skies. Summer is just so hard to get much reading in. Too many family get-to-gethers and outside activities.**
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #39
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Soooo, which one is that?

The closest thing I could find to a fainting-over-dead smiley...
Old 08-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #40
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
I'd happy to read your book, Steve, but I don't know why, Paypal keeps refusing my card. Is there another place where I can buy it, like Fictionwise ?
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #41
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
I'd happy to read your book, Steve, but I don't know why, Paypal keeps refusing my card. Is there another place where I can buy it, like Fictionwise ?
It's available at Smashwords. Have you had problems with PayPal at other sites? (I know I haven't set any "Deny French Orders" parameters in there...)
Old 08-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #42
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
It's available at Smashwords. Have you had problems with PayPal at other sites? (I know I haven't set any "Deny French Orders" parameters in there...)
I didn't use Paypal for quite a while, so...
I'll try Smashwords, then ! But tomorrow... I mean today, but later, now I go to bed !
Thanks for the link.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:34 AM   #43
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
You be sure and let us know if that reader has any problems with that ePub file, y'hear?
I've almost finished Verdant Skies as an ePub on my ECO reader, and have noticed some things which may be typos or may be problems with my reader.

- When one opens Chapter 2 the heading is President?s Arrival. On websites the ? usually indicates that a character is present which is not recognised, so I would like to know whether this character is in the original text and whether it is replaced by ? in other ePub readers.

- Throughout the book on my ECO reader CEO is shown as Ceo, COO as Coo, and EO as Eo.

- The phrase 'course heavy beard' occurs where the context calls for 'coarse heavy beard'

- The phrase 'He's tough' occurs where the context calls for 'She's tough' - the conversation is about Calvin's wife.

- A piece of luggage is described as 'autonomic', which I'm more used to seeing when discussing physiology. 'Autonomous' doesn't really work either, since the luggage is governed by a device held by its owner.

- In one of the later chapters Julian's part of a conversation is in italics for no obvious reason.

I hope this helps, and I particularly like to know whether President?s Arrival is seen with other ePub readers.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #44
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I've almost finished Verdant Skies as an ePub on my ECO reader, and have noticed some things which may be typos or may be problems with my reader.
Thanks for the feedback, Alex. In order:

Quote:
- When one opens Chapter 2 the heading is President?s Arrival. On websites the ? usually indicates that a character is present which is not recognised, so I would like to know whether this character is in the original text and whether it is replaced by ? in other ePub readers.
I have seen that before: It is a reaction to MS Word apostrophes, which are not recognized as standard apostrophes by many non-word apps (same thing with MS quotes). I thought I'd caught those, so I have to look into what reverted them.

Quote:
- Throughout the book on my ECO reader CEO is shown as Ceo, COO as Coo, and EO as Eo.
That is correct, sir!. In the future, the acronyms CEO, COO and EO are simply used as word-titles, like Captain, and pronounced "See-oh," "Coo" and "EE-oh." That's exactly how I wrote them. (Isn't the future cool?)

Quote:
- The phrase 'course heavy beard' occurs where the context calls for 'coarse heavy beard'

Quote:
- The phrase 'He's tough' occurs where the context calls for 'She's tough' - the conversation is about Calvin's wife.

Quote:
- A piece of luggage is described as 'autonomic', which I'm more used to seeing when discussing physiology. 'Autonomous' doesn't really work either, since the luggage is governed by a device held by its owner.

- In one of the later chapters Julian's part of a conversation is in italics for no obvious reason.
Actually, "autonomic" is passably acceptable, if unique for the situation... it can refer to non-biologic systems. For the other comment, I need more specifics (feel free to message or e-mail me directly).

Quote:
I hope this helps, and I particularly like to know whether President?s Arrival is seen with other ePub readers.

Regards, Alex
Anyone who's bought Verdant Skies in ePub, please feel free to speak up here. Let me know if the book is displaying differently on your reader.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #45
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Anyone who's bought Verdant Skies in ePub, please feel free to speak up here. Let me know if the book is displaying differently on your reader.
Steve, I bought the ePub from your site.

In the TOC the chapter title is displayed correctly, but when you open chapter 2 it does contain the "?" instead of the apostrophe.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote