Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #1
thine
thine began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox note
onyx boox note 10.3 hardware issues

Hi,

I just received the onyx boox note. Software works fine. got two issues regarding the hardware:

1. The power button stuck out at a a slight angle. I pushed it in, and it remained there, but still a bit to sturdy for a button. I tried to find photos of how the button should look, but couldn't find any.

2. The screen disappears under the black edge for half a centimeter on the right hand side – in the native browser, that is about a full character I cannot see. There is the option to calibrate the screen (within the note taking app, I think), but I wonder if others have the same issue, or that my device's outer body is just not well-fixed.

It would be much appreciated if anyone can take a picture of the power button and upload it here.

Thanks!

T.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	onyxbooxnote powerbutton2.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	163250  
thine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:21 AM   #2
gimble
Connoisseur
gimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle, Boox
Where did you buy this from?

I don't have a Note, but I do have a Max2. There shouldn't be such a significant gap between the bezel border and the outer casing. The power button should also be straight, not angled like the picture you posted - this might be due to the unusual gap (the outer casing and power button level is misaligned).

Quote:
The screen disappears under the black edge for half a centimeter on the right hand side
The screen should fit exactly within the inner border.

EDIT: This video has some closeup shots of the device at the beginning -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW_tw87-PEc

From what you describe, this unit seems to have been improperly assembled.

I suggest asking for a replacement or refund.

Last edited by gimble; 04-05-2018 at 11:34 AM.
gimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #3
thine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimble View Post
Where did you buy this from?
Thanks for your reply. It seems very different from the video indeed. I bought the device from ereader-store.de

After first having to wait for a delayed batch for a few weeks, I was apparently sent a defective device to compensate for the long wait (sorry, being slightly unhappy here).

I've e-mailed the store to ask for a replacement. To Be honest, I have a bit of a bad feeling about the service due to my experiences, despite some decent reviews here in the past.

Cheers,

Th.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Currently, the delay to obtain a reply could be criticized. Don't forget the announced delays; see below. You could read this too : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=39

So, it's could be long (maybe), but I'm convinced that you obtain a reply, probably a new device to replace yours.

Quote:
ereader.store
Your message to ereader.store Customer Service

Your message has been sent successfully.

(This is an automated message which is not monitored for replies.)

Thank you for contacting Ereader.Store support!
We will answer as soon as possible.
Please be advised, many questions we receive have already been answered at our FAQ area or in replies to product questions (just after product description part). Please check it out to get instant access to many of the answers our customers are looking for.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
We want to let you know that we currently have a very high quantity of inquiries which unfortunately means our customers are waiting longer than they deserve. The reason for this is that we are shipping many hundreds of units in just a few days. Our answer time may be longer as expected. Our support team is working around the clock to improve the situation.

We truly apologize for the situation - all emails are being read and we have the greatest concern and care for our customers, however at the moment we’re simply overwhelmed with inquiries.

Meanwhile, please take a look at the following pieces of information that might clarify some of the questions you are raising:

HAVE YOU NOT RECEIVED YOUR ORDER YET?
At time of release of new and highly demanded products we have to prepare many hundreds of pre-orders in short time and processing in our shipping department takes a couple days longer than expected. Please don't worry. We are working overtimes in order to complete all pre-orders as soon as possible.

YOU HAVE RECEIVED A TRACKING LINK HOWEVER THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PACKAGE DOES NOT CURRENTLY SHOW ANY PROGRESS. Our shipping department prepares in advance shipping labels for all pre-orders in the forwarders software and therefor tracking links are always automatically provided to all pre-orderers at same time. However not all packages will leave our warehouse immediately after. Especially on release dates of new products we have to process a lot of pre-orders in short time and this causes kind of congestion / backlog in our shipping process. Therefore, it can happen, that it could arise a gap of a couple of days between label creation and physical dispatch of the sending.

DOES YOUR DEVICE NOT ACTING UP AS EXPECTED?
We are happy to assist you in case you are experiencing any issues with your purchase. We assure you, that our team is carefully monitoring feedback of our customers and we are permanently working on solving of all appearing problems and on implementation of your interesting ideas. Our updates, especially for new devices, are very frequent and you definitely will be happy with your device. Additionally, you are always eligible for a full refund/replacement unit according to our terms and conditions when returning/claiming a faulty unit. Please do, however, allow for a bit of processing time as these requests have to be handled manually.

HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO HEAR FROM EREADER.STORE?
Here’s how long you can expect to wait, based on your support request type:

Critical functional issues with your device, accessories or applications: 2-3 business days

Troubleshooting of minor issues: 2-5 business days

Complete return process to get your purchase refunded: About 14 days for return shipment, product inspection, approval and refund of purchase amount.

Shipment, VAT/duties/fees questions: About one 3-5 days

Other inquiries: 5-7 business days or more, as we are focusing on our customers needs before answering sales or business requests

A SMALL COMPANY OF E-READER DEVELOPERS AND ENTHUSIASTS
We want to be honest about our current challenges in providing you with the urgent support you need. Please know we are a small company that truly wants to delight our customers. We listen to everyone who sends us emails, we work hard to improve and will not stop until we can give you the service you need and expect.
Thank you for your patience!
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
gimble
Connoisseur
gimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle, Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by thine View Post
I bought the device from ereader-store.de
From the history here, that store is genuine and reputable. They tend to be slow during new device launch, especially considering the relatively huge demand for Note.

Still, it is not a good experience to get a defective unit after a delay and then have to deal with the potentially slow response again for a replacement...

Hopefully, your issue gets resolved soon.
gimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2018, 03:02 AM   #6
mlang
mlang began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
Hi, I don't have Boox note with me right now.
I been using it for about 2 weeks. I dont think I have any hardware problems. Once I get home, I would take a photo for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thine View Post
Hi,

I just received the onyx boox note. Software works fine. got two issues regarding the hardware:

1. The power button stuck out at a a slight angle. I pushed it in, and it remained there, but still a bit to sturdy for a button. I tried to find photos of how the button should look, but couldn't find any.

2. The screen disappears under the black edge for half a centimeter on the right hand side – in the native browser, that is about a full character I cannot see. There is the option to calibrate the screen (within the note taking app, I think), but I wonder if others have the same issue, or that my device's outer body is just not well-fixed.

It would be much appreciated if anyone can take a picture of the power button and upload it here.

Thanks!

T.
mlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:11 AM   #7
thine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlang View Post
Hi, I don't have Boox note with me right now.
I been using it for about 2 weeks. I dont think I have any hardware problems. Once I get home, I would take a photo for you.
Thanks. I've sent it back to the store. Unfortunately they don't have the device in stock, so I will have to wait for a new batch to arrive.

Cheers

T.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:16 AM   #8
ray.u
ray.u began at the beginning.

onyx boox note issue?

When I replace a pdf file on the boox note by its new version from my laptop by using the usb transfer, I have to shut down the boox note to have the replacement made. Otherwise, when I open the file, I only get the old version.

Can someone tell me whether this is an issue with the boox note, or whether I am omitting to do something?

Thank you
ray.u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:27 AM   #9
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Can’t you just ask for a refund and get a new device on Amazon?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote