Notices

Old 04-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo dictionaries without books ?

Hi to all,

I like the fact that I can read books in other languages using the bilingual and even foreigh monolingual dictionaries directly in the text with such fast access.

I would like to know if it is possible to use these dictionaries "directly". I mean if I am reading a paper book to be able to type a word into the Kobo foreign language dictionary to get a translation. I mean without opening a book in the Kobo reader.

This would mean using the reader just as a fast dictionary. Is this at all possible?
Would it be possible as a future feature?

Thank you in advance for any advice,
Rojofo.
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojofo View Post
I would like to know if it is possible to use these dictionaries "directly". I mean if I am reading a paper book to be able to type a word into the Kobo foreign language dictionary to get a translation. I mean without opening a book in the Kobo reader.

This would mean using the reader just as a fast dictionary. Is this at all possible?
Yes you can do this with most of the supported Kobo dictionaries. It's accessible from the Home screen via the 'Extras' menu. You can't use the Fr-Fr dictionary this way, due to a licensing issue I think.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you so much for this reply. This is something that is very useful for me.
It worked immediately with the Spanish/English dictionary.
It's so much faster than looking up in a paper dictionary.
Best wishes,
Rojofo.
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote