Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Domo
Domo knows what time it isDomo knows what time it isDomo knows what time it isDomo knows what time it isDomo knows what time it isDomo knows what time it isDomo knows what time it isDomo knows what time it isDomo knows what time it isDomo knows what time it isDomo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Boox T68
T68 Learning Curve

Got my T68…so far all as expected. Sort of learn by exploring with little documentation. Only disappointment is the rendering of color pages on grayscale…some (colors) on pages or on websites are impossible to read …or there is some adjustment I can’t find.
Have a 32G SD card. Used Calibre in Connect/Share mode and selected connect to folder (the SD card as folder). SD card then shows as “device” in Calibre and “send to device” sets up “author” folder and sends ebook. You can then eject device and use computers file manager to fiddle the files. i.e. add folders for genre or whatever and drag the author folders onto them.
The Library will be indexed on startup including covers etc.
When in library all books will display in title alpha order. A “long touch” on one will bring up menu. Select “goto folder” to go to folder view for all books.
The standard “Sort by” function has 4 categories Name, Type, Size & Creation Time.
Book Properties include Name (shown as Title-Author), Title, Author and more, with an editable “Tags” segment. While Size and Creation time are self explanatory, I haven’t found what “Type” relates to or how to edit it or how search by tags (it seems to only search the Name field)
Any discoveries welcome!!!
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Have a 32G SD card. Used Calibre in Connect/Share mode and selected connect to folder (the SD card as folder).
'Connect to Folder' will of course work, but if you follow this procedure your T68 will probably be recognized for what it is by next Friday
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
wolviex
wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
I'm on learning curve too, but I'm starting to be annoyed by the device trying to do some simple tasks, that were possible on my old m92.
The Reader has preinstalled Cool Reader and FB reader, but they are hidden somewhere in the system, so you won't update it from google play until you root it or something....
Cool Reader is supposed to have a possibility to export bookmarks to external file. It doesn't work or I don't see this feature available!!??
After installing new fonts ('Fonts' folder in flash or SD memory) Cool Reader recognize them very well, but FB Reader crashes all the time.
Onyx Reader crashes all the time on pdf files (or just hangs).... I tried many other readers and RepliGo seems to be the best, althought I can't see annotations export possibility either...

Overall reader is nice. But I tend to think that Android isn't righ OS for e-ink devices. 99,9% apps needs higher refresh rate and colors. Dedicated and worked out software like in old Onyx or in Kobo seems to be the best and most efficient option.
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lynx