Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #16
trekker99
Enthusiast
trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleice View Post
Yes, only Skoob so far (which makes their whole spiel about being "Singapore's favourite ebook store" rather laughable!!).
As long as the prices are reasonable, and has decent enough content, they can say what they like.

Quote:
Update on using a Sg credit card with the Sony Store (with the T1's location set to USA). It works!! We just have to provide a US address. I did this by first downloading a free e-book and the checkout process prompted for an US address, which I keyed in at that point. Later on, when I bought a book, the address was already in the system and I just had to put in the usual credit card details. It seems the payment system didn't try to match the card # to the address . Thanks to melmac for bringing this option to my attention.
Good to know, although I do have a US CC, so I am not too worried about that. I guess this should apply to anyone outside US?

Quote:
And while I'm here, the T1's browser and Wi-fi capability are very handy for borrowing from NLB's digital collection. Just point the browser to: http://singapore.lib.overdrive.com and you're good to go. For January only, NLB has upped the borrowing limit to 12 e-books.
I figured that should be the case, even if Sony's search engine doesn't search for libraries outside the US. Thanks for confirming my guess.

Last edited by trekker99; 01-13-2012 at 06:28 AM. Reason: corrected typo
trekker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Just get a FREE ebook as your first "purchase"

Quote:
Update on using a Sg credit card with the Sony Store (with the T1's location set to USA). It works!! We just have to provide a US address. I did this by first downloading a free e-book and the checkout process prompted for an US address, which I keyed in at that point. Later on, when I bought a book, the address was already in the system and I just had to put in the usual credit card details. It seems the payment system didn't try to match the card # to the address . Thanks to melmac for bringing this option to my attention.
The same thing worked for me in Germany.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #18
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
No probs I just find it a pity that the Sony store does not seem to be nearly as competitive pricewise as Amazon and Kobo, infact so far I've brought very few from Sony. The onbly big plus for me is that as it's a US store so if I come across any Geo locked titles at my other stores than I can get them from sony.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #19
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
No probs I just find it a pity that the Sony store does not seem to be nearly as competitive pricewise as Amazon and Kobo, infact so far I've brought very few from Sony. The onbly big plus for me is that as it's a US store so if I come across any Geo locked titles at my other stores than I can get them from sony.
The hassle with all these restrictions, DRM, geo lock, amazon, etc... It makes me want to puke! Did you ever try "alternate" sources?

I used to be a proponant of eBooks from a store, but what do you get: bad formating, ridiculous pricing, all those DRM restrictions, geo lock. Strictly speaking, eBooks actually suck. Think of all the things you could do with a real, printed book.

It's a shame for the authors, but as soon as those publishers get rid of the DRM BS, I'll start buying again.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote