Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #16
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Thanks for starting this thread, I had the same questions. I updated my daughter's iPod Touch to iOS5 last night. It asked for her Apple ID and I entered our shared one, and I received an email stating an iCloud account had been created with that shared ID. How do I go about creating a new iCloud account for her with her name but still linked to the shared Apple ID? Do I do it through her iPod or directly on the iCloud website?
If you want to just use the shared account for iTunes/App Store purchases:
You should just create a new iCloud account for her first, so all her settings are her own. She can use this ID for iMessages, FaceTime, email, etc...

Then, go to Settings on her Touch, and scroll down to "Store". This Apple ID is the one you probably want shared, so enter the shared ID here.

Basically there are several places in the iPod Touch settings to enter an Apple ID. The only one most families want to share are the one under Store.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #17
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Thank you!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert