Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #61
bazmaz
Uke strummer
bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Another offer on my ukulele ebook - on Smashwords only (sorry - come on Amazon, sort it out!) but you can get the Kindle mobi version!

For this week only, you can get a whopping 40% off - just enter voucher code HV59N at the checkout on the link below.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/37988

Expires 28 May - enjoy!
bazmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:29 AM   #62
bazmaz
Uke strummer
bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bazmaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well the uke has been all over the UK press (newspapers and news) recently, and this resulted in record days for my blog, and another bonus!

My book hit number 3 in the Kindle music book chart in the UK, and number 10 in the same chart in the USA - amazing!

If you have been bitten by the ukulele bug, or would like to, check out

UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Ukulele.../dp/B004JN11WK

US - http://www.amazon.com/What-Ukulele-P.../dp/B004JN11WK

Thanks to all who bought!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:31 AM   #63
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
VERY COOL!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #64
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Thanks jhempel

Sales died down a little now, but still proving popular.

Amazon also linked the paperback to the kindle version, so no matter which you view, you see that little box that tells you there is another format and the price - so maybe that will help - see - http://www.amazon.com/What-Ukulele-P.../dp/1461059941)

Baz
Old 07-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #65
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Hi folks - been away a lot recently, so not been on the forums.

My books still doing great, holding respectable chart positions on both sides of the Atlantic. Readers are confirming the book fills a gap in the market, as it goes into territory not covered by normal tutor books.

If you like the idea of playing uke, give the sample a try - who knows, you may be converted!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:15 AM   #66
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Thought I would give you good folks an update. My book has continued to do well and have had some fabulous kind messages from readers.

in fact yesterday it was number 8 in the Kindle Music book chart and number 2 (yes, 2!) in all Amazon Music reference books on the UK store.

If you know any uke players, I am sure they would enjoy reading this

http://www.amazon.com/What-Ukulele-P...3572419&sr=1-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Ukulel...3572487&sr=1-1
Old 10-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #67
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Well, another month and my book continues to receive great feedback. It's great to know that there are so many new players out there. I get emails from people of all ages which really goes to show how versatile the uke is!

If you are starting out, this is the book you need to answer the multitude of questions you will have. It's not a 'how to play' book, more a new players handbook.

http://www.amazon.com/What-Ukulele-P...7825570&sr=1-1

Highlight was it hitting number one in all Kindle music books not so long ago!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #68
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
What kind of uke is that in your avatar? It resembles my Cordoba.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #69
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quite...

[QUOTE=WT Sharpe;1776945]What kind of uke is that in your avatar? It resembles my Cordoba.[/QUOTE

I don't play, but our village club/pub here in Sometset has a Uke night on Mondays, we all go to listen, it's terrific - "Ace of Spades" to "You are My Sweetheart " - with anywhere from 20-30-40 players (the latter on open mike nights etc...) with bass, accordion and kazoos.....
You really have to hear "modern" uke repertoire, you'll grow to enjoy it !
We (ie the club re:the uks band) were even on CNN a year or so ago.

However, I digress - yes, it does look like a classic acoustic axe, and some of these classic ukuleli are beautiful jobs.
However, my son is a guitarist, mainly electric blues/ Indy[Joe Bona /Muse] but trying to create his own genre (!) , so for his 21st, as an amusing change from tankards, foot pedals, and keys etc, I bought him a ukulele....

An electric ukulele.....

A white electric ukulele......

A Flying Vee white electric ukulele !!

Went down very well, and he's now trying to perfect "thrash" ukulele so he can "blues up" the joint
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #70
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been meaning to get an electric from some time now, or perhaps buy a pickup for one of my KoAlohas.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 AM   #71
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Sorry for the big delay in responding! The uke in my avatar is a USA made standard Concert scale uke by a company called Mainland. Its solid Mahogany with a slotted headstock. I loves it! I did consider putting a pickup in it, but not got round to it as yet. A friend has the tenor model with a pickup fitted under the saddle and it works a treat.

The uke book continues to do well - there must be a growing number of uke players out there! Just made top 30 again in Kindle Music books on the UK Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Ukulele...0063937&sr=1-1

Big thanks to anyone who grabbed a copy.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #72
bazmaz
Uke strummer

If you are after an absolute electric uke (i.e., not an acoustic with a pickup in) I can heartily recommend the Eleuke models, or if you can afford it, a Risa.

Great ukes - sound great with effects through a big amp!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #73
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
If you are after an absolute electric uke (i.e., not an acoustic with a pickup in) I can heartily recommend the Eleuke models, or if you can afford it, a Risa.

Great ukes - sound great with effects through a big amp!
They are funny looking beasties, but I've considered them. I just might take the plunge one day.

(One of several styles)
Old 11-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #74
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Very weird looking, but top drawer build quality apparently. They sound great. I'd say, not exactly uke ish, more a sound of their own!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #75
bazmaz
Uke strummer

Readers may be pleased to learn that as a Christmas promotion, the book is now half price and will stay that way to the end of December!