Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
I have signed up for the Borders e-mails, but have not started receiving anything yet. If someone would please post the codes it would be very appreciated.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #17
Pagali
Enthusiast
Pagali is on a distinguished road

Device: PC, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 4
From this morning's Borders email:

Touch reader -- TOUCHCOVER

Pocket reader -- POCKETCOVER
Pagali is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #18
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Thank you!
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
zhi
zhi began at the beginning.

Device: None
@ Pagali: I'm an international buyer. So, I already incurred transaction costs when my card was charged. And I found placing the first order to be a bit of a hassle. It wasn't bad, but a bit troublesome. And I don't think I want to repeat the process anytime soon. This is just my personal opinion.

But I think it should be a pretty good deal for others.
zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #20
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagali View Post
From this morning's Borders email:

Touch reader -- TOUCHCOVER

Pocket reader -- POCKETCOVER
Anyone get this code to work? When I enter the "TOUCHCOVER" code, my shopping cart says "Cart is not eligible for promotion". I tried it with both the Red and Black Sony 650 readers and got the same result.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Borders-not-eligible.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	59959  
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #21
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
Anyone get this code to work? When I enter the "TOUCHCOVER" code, my shopping cart says "Cart is not eligible for promotion". I tried it with both the Red and Black Sony 650 readers and got the same result.
I got the same result.

By adding the cover to your basket it would allow the coupon, but then you would then end up with two covers. I couldn't figure out how to delete one of the two covers and still have the coupon in effect.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #22
Pagali
Enthusiast

Sorry guys... I got my 650 yesterday at my local Borders store, so I can't help you with the coupon problems. Just keep emailing or calling them until it works, maybe? Perhaps the website needs to catch up with the current state of affairs...
Old 10-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #23
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I got the same result.

By adding the cover to your basket it would allow the coupon, but then you would then end up with two covers. I couldn't figure out how to delete one of the two covers and still have the coupon in effect.

Same result here.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #24
niksknits
niksknits began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I bought the 650 yesterday and wasn't offered the new cover. However, i just called the store and they said that it was an oversight...they're holding one for me to pick up on tomorrow. AWESOME! thanks for the info. if it wasn't posted here, I wouldn't have known about it.
niksknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #25
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Thanks! I just went to Borders and got one. I need another reader like a hole in the head, but I couldn't resist.

I can't believe how nice the screen is and how small the 650 is compared to my 600. Since I now have an ereader with a built in light again, I'll have to see if my iPad use decreases.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #26
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagali View Post
Sorry guys... I got my 650 yesterday at my local Borders store, so I can't help you with the coupon problems. Just keep emailing or calling them until it works, maybe? Perhaps the website needs to catch up with the current state of affairs...
Here is the email I sent to Borders Customer Service:
Code:
The promotion code "TOUCHCOVER" for the Sony Touch Reader does not
work in my online shopping cart. This promotion is supposed to be valid until 
10/30/2010; a free Sony Touch Cover with Light is to be bundled with the purchase 
of the Sony Touch Reader. Please fix the website to accept this promotion code. 
Note: if I add the Sony Touch Cover with Light to my cart and then apply the 
promotion code, the shopping cart ends up with TWO covers in the list and the 
promo code gives a credit for ONE of them, but there is no way to remove the other 
cover from the shopping list.
I received this reply.
Code:
Thank you for contacting Borders.com regarding our promotion codes.

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble applying the discount to your order. 
Many of our promotion codes are now exclusively for our Borders Rewards customers only.

One way to take advantage of the savings is to log into your Borders.com account 
and enter the code on the Shopping Cart page. However, if you do not choose to 
sign in or create an account, you can “Continue as a Guest”. Once you have 
entered your email address, the system will connect your Borders Rewards account 
to the order, and you will be able to enter the discount code on the Payment Method page.

I hope this information is helpful.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If 
you have any other questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Borders Customer Care
I tried their suggestions and created a Borders Rewards account, but still could not get the "TOUCHCOVER" code to work. I gave up and drove to the Borders store in Fairfax, Va. and got the bundle deal there. Interestingly, the store did not have any Sony Readers or covers on display at the eReader kiosk; they were hidden away in the back.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #27
niksknits
niksknits began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by niksknits View Post
I bought the 650 yesterday and wasn't offered the new cover. However, i just called the store and they said that it was an oversight...they're holding one for me to pick up on tomorrow. AWESOME! thanks for the info. if it wasn't posted here, I wouldn't have known about it.
I went back to the store yesterday and got my cover. SWEET!
niksknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #28
CandyDane
Enthusiast
CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad 4
I'm planning to buy a 650 and this sounds awesome! Is it a Sony reader cover? Does anyone have a link to a website about the cover?

I'm new to ereaders so please excuse me if this is a stupid question.
CandyDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #29
Pagali
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyDane View Post
I'm planning to buy a 650 and this sounds awesome! Is it a Sony reader cover? Does anyone have a link to a website about the cover?

I'm new to ereaders so please excuse me if this is a stupid question.
Yes, it is awesome!

It is the official Sony Lighted cover for the 650, usually priced $49.99. You can see it here: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...ab=featuresTab
Old 10-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #30
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
I read about this promotion in the Shelf Awareness newsletter today and tried to order the new Pocket reader with case from the Borders website. When I entered the code POCKETCOVER however I got a message that it had expired. I called a Borders rep but he had no information about the promotion.
I would love to have a lighted cover also--I think it's a must for an e-ink device especially since most of the time I have for reading is after hours. In fact, I find myself reading on the Ipod touch with the Kindle app a lot more than the Kindle because of the lighting issue.
hannahi is offline   Reply With Quote