Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-25-2023, 09:52 AM   #1
bvaring
bvaring began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Show books on device show books but no device attached

When I click the drop down menu on the Device button on the main toolbar, then click Show books in main memory of device, a large list of books comes up. But there is no device connected.

Looking at the In Library column in the list some are marked In Library and some are not. The location on all of the books in this books on device list is the location of the library that I currently have loaded. So this means there books saved in the library folder but not marked to be in my library. I think maybe some books are ones I have deleted.

I don't understand why there are books showing to be on a "Device" that are actually save in my current library and many are not actually showing not to be imported in the library when there no device actually connected.

Please help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre books on device.png
Views:	61
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	205403  
bvaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 10:05 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
That screen capture shows that calibre thinks a device is connected. I suspect it is a "folder device". Click on the device icon and disconnect it. You might also have set the tweak to connect to the folder at startup: Preferences->Tweaks->Connect to folder at startup
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 10:30 AM   #3
bvaring

This is no disconnect device option like I have seen when I actually have a device connected. The connect to folder at startup tweak never works for me. No matter what I try calibre always goes back and created a library named Calibre Library which saved to the Portable Calibre folder. I have really needed that tweak to work but I had given up.
Old 12-25-2023, 10:30 AM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Look at the path shown, you have ONEDRIVE----connected as a device.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...rked-drive-nas

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvaring View Post
When I click the drop down menu on the Device button on the main toolbar, then click Show books in main memory of device, a large list of books comes up. But there is no device connected.

Looking at the In Library column in the list some are marked In Library and some are not. The location on all of the books in this books on device list is the location of the library that I currently have loaded. So this means there books saved in the library folder but not marked to be in my library. I think maybe some books are ones I have deleted.

I don't understand why there are books showing to be on a "Device" that are actually save in my current library and many are not actually showing not to be imported in the library when there no device actually connected.

Please help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
That screen capture shows that calibre thinks a device is connected. I suspect it is a "folder device". Click on the device icon and disconnect it. You might also have set the tweak to connect to the folder at startup: Preferences->Tweaks->Connect to folder at startup
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 11:57 AM   #5
bvaring

That is that is the folder location of my library. Why would it show up as a device. It is just a folder.
Old 12-25-2023, 12:49 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Using a cloud storage for your library is not a good idea. See the link posted by @gbm and then do a search on the calibre forum to find a overly long list of issues using cloud/NAS/network storage for your live library. Mostly along the lines of 'I've used this for years and now my library is borked'.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 02:12 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
That list is a device view, which only happens when a "device" is connected. So *something* is connected. Check that you haven't left something in the connect to folder tweak, which BTW has nothing at all to do with where the calibre library is placed. In particular, you must not put the path to a calibre library in that tweak.

This is what I see when looking at a folder device view and right-clicking on the device icon.

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	205406

And this is what is at the bottom of the screen on the library view.

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	205405

If you see something different, please show us the screen captures.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 07:45 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do not let your calibre libraries have anything to do with any cloud storage of any kind. You will eventually corrupt your library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
device, library