Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-06-2017, 04:12 AM   #886
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Hello,
i'm planning to update my t68 to version 1.8.2 (android 4.4) but i have a couple of questions for the case i have to roll back to 1.8.1:
1. can anyone provide me with a link to download 1.8.1 (Booxtor version) as i don't have a copy in my laptop?
2. My pag back physical button doesn't work anymore. is there a way to put my device in download mode in spite of this problem?

thank you in advance for your help

regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #887
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
Brando: i've 1.8.1 taken from onyx website. I don't know if it's the same of Booxtor's yo're searching for but, if you anycase want a copy of it, i can put on my gdrive account.

About your 2) question: if you have a sdcard, you must not put t68 in download mode: enough should be to use internal T68 update tool and use update.zip file put on sd card itselsf (I repeat: NOT in the internal memory but in the sd card).
Or, at least... This is how i make my updates.....

HP
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:27 AM   #888
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubertphava View Post
Brando: i've 1.8.1 taken from onyx website. I don't know if it's the same of Booxtor's yo're searching for but, if you anycase want a copy of it, i can put on my gdrive account.

About your 2) question: if you have a sdcard, you must not put t68 in download mode: enough should be to use internal T68 update tool and use update.zip file put on sd card itselsf (I repeat: NOT in the internal memory but in the sd card).
Or, at least... This is how i make my updates.....

HP
thank you Hubert,
but i've read that there are still problems in 4.4 firmware for T68, so I'll wait for a more stable version, before upgrading.

regards
Old 05-18-2017, 05:03 PM   #889
anacletus
anacletus doesn't litteranacletus doesn't litter

Device: Boox T68
I've installed version 1.8.2 on my t68 and it works ok. It's not Android 4.4, though.

The version with 4.4 (at the bottom of the download page of ereader-store) does not work, it shows
an endless "process com.android.systemui has stopped" error.
anacletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:42 AM   #890
Mourmain
Mourmain began at the beginning.

Device: M96 Plus
M96 firmware 1.8.2 problems

I installed firmware 1.8.2 (2017-05-03 version) on an M96 Plus, and am seeing a couple of small problems compared to previous versions:
  • Apps Update Check has disappeared. We can't update apps individually from the net anymore. (I really liked that feature.)
  • Next/Previous Page buttons do nothing in Neo Reader v2.0. Only the joystick and volume buttons turn pages now.
Mourmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:34 AM   #891
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
M96 firmware 1.8.2 - increased battery consumption by the screen

Since installing the latest firmware, I am experiencing significantly reduced battery life. When taking notes with Lecture Notes (my usual use case), the battery goes from full to 20% in 1-2 hours (earlier it would not lose more than 10% per hour). 80-90% of the consumption is by the screen.
Did anyone else experience something similar?

Last edited by Jmirko; 06-21-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:04 AM   #892
Brandobras
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Since installing the latest firmware, I am experiencing significantly reduced battery life. When taking notes with Lecture Notes (my usual use case), the battery goes from full to 20% in 1-2 hours (earlier it would not lose more than 10% per hour). 80-90% of the consumption is by the screen.
As for me (T68 and 1.8.2) the process "Google Play Services" is heavily draining the battery (10% in less than 2 hours).
I know that I should try with a factory reset, but I don't want to lose all my settings, so i'll charge it more often hoping in a better new version..

regards
Old 05-26-2017, 09:27 AM   #893
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
thank you Hubert,
but i've read that there are still problems in 4.4 firmware for T68, so I'll wait for a more stable version, before upgrading.
regards
1.8.2 isn't (IMHO) unstable. Only take care i use it for reading using moon+
(free version). And the android version is 4.0.4, not 4.4.

HP
Old 05-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #894
Brandobras
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubertphava View Post
1.8.2 isn't (IMHO) unstable. Only take care i use it for reading using moon+
(free version). And the android version is 4.0.4, not 4.4.

HP
Hello
yes, it's stable, but i had a problem of battery drain... apparently i've solved it reinstalling 1.8.2 over 1.8.2

let's see...

regards
Old 06-18-2017, 07:15 AM   #895
Kasar
Kasar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Hello guys,
Need some help as I updated my T68 using the internal update system and now it doesn't start at all! It is stuck on the standard "off" display with the picture of the Lynx.

I have read this thread :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=242726
But the MFGtool doesn't work (gets stuck on "Loading U-boot").

Any ideas? Really disappointed if it's truly bricked as I enjoyed reading on it....
Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:24 AM   #896
Mourmain
Mourmain began at the beginning.

Device: M96 Plus
Exclamation M96 firmware 1.8.2 bugs

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post bug reports about the M96 Plus (someone let me know if there is a better one), but here are a couple more I found with 1.8.2 firmware:
  • First scan of the library after a reboot shows up incomplete (only 2 of about 7 pages, say). Exiting and re-entering the library fixes it.
  • After a long press of the power button the Cancel/Reboot/Shutdown dialog shows up. Attempting to choose any of the options with the joystick immediately leads to a shutdown (i.e. shifting left or right shuts down the device).
Mourmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:28 AM   #897
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle PW2, Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourmain View Post
  • After a long press of the power button the Cancel/Reboot/Shutdown dialog shows up. Attempting to choose any of the options with the joystick immediately leads to a shutdown (i.e. shifting left or right shuts down the device).
I've got the same thing on my M96, the stylus works however. As for the library the only problem I have is that ever since firmware 1.7.5, it takes quite long to load the library. In the older firmwares, the device would build the library once in a while and than simply load it in seconds. Now it takes about 30 seconds every time I restart the device. And I store around 100 books there, so not too many.

edit:
And yes, the first scan is incomplete, I also have to re-enter the library, to see all the books.

Last edited by Rosa_WM; 06-19-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Rosa_WM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #898
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Update: seems like high power consumption was a temporary issue, but the battery issues continue:
1. High and erratic battery consumption, e.g. battery lasted just 6 hours today, with light use (about 5-10 mins of note-taking in LectureNotes, the rest was idle or standby). Graph shows drastic changes in battery consumption, without any apparent reason. "Device idle" accounts for the majority (70-80%) of the consumption.
2. Charging via PC: battery status suddenly jumps to 100% (e.g. from 74%), and stops charging. After immediate reboot, the battery status is back down, i.e. full battery was misreported.

I will try to reinstall 1.8.2 and report back.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:54 AM   #899
Jmirko
Recovered collector

Quote:
Update: seems like high power consumption was a temporary issue, but the battery issues continue:
1. High and erratic battery consumption, e.g. battery lasted just 6 hours today, with light use (about 5-10 mins of note-taking in LectureNotes, the rest was idle or standby). Graph shows drastic changes in battery consumption, without any apparent reason. "Device idle" accounts for the majority (70-80%) of the consumption.
2. Charging via PC: battery status suddenly jumps to 100% (e.g. from 74%), and stops charging. After immediate reboot, the battery status is back down, i.e. full battery was misreported.

I will try to reinstall 1.8.2 and report back.
Update for the benefit of those having similar problems: my power issues seem to have been caused by a faulty battery. I wrote to ereader-store.de and included a photo of the erratic battery behavior. They replied within a few hours (!) and confirmed it's probably the battery. They offered to send me a new battery or to send it in for repair. I chose the former, and a few days later the battery arrived. I managed to replace it without major issues (it was a bit hard to remove the old battery due to very strong two-sided sticky tape underneath) and after a full charge the problem seems to have been solved.
Considering that my 2-year warranty expired a few months ago, I think Ereader-Store have been really professional in resolving my problem. I will definitely keep them on top of my list for future Onyx purchases.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:38 AM   #900
hubertphava
Connoisseur

T68 with 1.8.2 firmware, no root. Default reader. Moon+reader free edition.

I'm having random reboots while reading. Does anyone has such a similar behaviour?
Battery charge is rarely below 40% but reboots happen in the entire range of charge.
As said, no root and after upgrade t68 has had a "factory" reset".

The only non stock app installed is Moon+reader.
Also in "Settings-->App" i've disabled some apps, like the phone, messages and mail; T68 is always in Airplane mode for reducing battery drain ( in this mode i have anyway my wifi connection, when it's necessary).

Any idea/suggestion about annoyng reboots?

HP