Old 12-17-2016, 08:30 AM   #1
Nedfro
Nedfro began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Problem with adding books to calibre

Hello
When I try to add books to calibre I get following error message (German):
calibre, version 2.74.0
FEHLER: Fehler während des Hinzufügens: Es konnten keine Bücher hinzugefügt werden. "Details anzeigen" anklicken für weitere Informationen

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hinzufügen des Buches fehlgeschlagen:Andrzej Sapkowski The Last Wish
/home/remo/E-Books/The Witcher Books - Andrzej Sapkowski/The Witcher Books - ePub/01-Short Stories-The_Last_Wish (1993).epub
Mit Fehler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 379, in add_book
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 217, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 61, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1529, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 822, in execute
File "src/cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
ReadOnlyError: ReadOnlyError: attempt to write a readonly database

The books I tried to add are on an NTFS formatted HDD and in 3 different formats (EPub, azw3, PDF), neither of them work. I have also tried copying the files to my /home partition (I'm running Linux Mint 18 on an SSD), wich didn't help.
In the FAQ it says: "Linux kernels mount devices read-only when their filesystems have errors.", but since I have also copied the files onto my main drive (wich im pretty sure isn't read-only), i don't think that this will help (Plus I don't want to f*ck around with my HDD since i'm pretty new to this stuff).

Hope someone can help
Thanks and greets
Ned
Nedfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Read only applies to the Library Folder, not the source of the books.

Permissions you need to have to be rwx at least at the user/owner level of the Library folder (and the entire contents)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2016, 12:15 PM   #3
Nedfro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Read only applies to the Library Folder, not the source of the books.

Permissions you need to have to be rwx at least at the user/owner level of the Library folder (and the entire contents)
Thank you very much, didn't know I have to give myself these permissions. i thought as root i'd automatically have them. https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliestext/thankyou.gif
Old 12-17-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedfro View Post
Thank you very much, didn't know I have to give myself these permissions. i thought as root i'd automatically have them. https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliestext/thankyou.gif
You run as root

I have to sudo to manage to

in the foot.

IMHO UAC and SUDO usage for system level changes was a great step forward. I firmly believe
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:22 PM   #5
Nedfro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You run as root

I have to sudo to manage to

in the foot.

IMHO UAC and SUDO usage for system level changes was a great step forward. I firmly believe
Did some research, found out I don't run as root
my mistake https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/smack.gif
Advert

Tags
adding books issue, linux mint 18