Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-17-2020, 09:11 PM   #121
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by readingforfun View Post
WOW!! haven't had a chance to get back to my old Kindle.. (bought a new one). And this worked perfectly!! I tried the first alphabetically wbf file (didn't look at date codes..)

Had this problem for years! Didn't know it was such a simple fix =). For some reason there was a loose screw in my kindle too =/ Couldn't figure out where it goes... so left it out.
As long as you put a screw in the battery to hold it down, then your good to go.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:14 AM   #122
readingforfun
readingforfun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
As long as you put a screw in the battery to hold it down, then your good to go.
Almost made me open it up again. The screws were black... and I didn't touch the battery at all during the whole process so I'm guessing its fine lol. Don't feel like opening it up again...
readingforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2020, 06:50 AM   #123
mowgli
mowgli began at the beginning.

Device: palm
Noob PC user here. Is anyone willing to fix my kindle using the jailbreak method described, via teamviewer, for example? I'll give you remote access and a small donation if you help me out. I'm unable to do it myself and using the old ribbon to restart the kindle and fix grayscale issue no longer works.
Thanks
mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cracked screen, eink, keyboard, update, waveform