Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-05-2014, 05:46 AM   #1
DigitEditLab
DigitEditLab began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Samsung Note II, Kindle and a few more
Tags in color

As I've found no thread on this topic...

My PC 64-bit version actually highlights all the tags with dedicated colors, which is important to separate them visually from the text. But, surprisingly, my MAC version definitively not: is this a recorded bug or a preference setting to fine-tune?

Thanks for your help.
DigitEditLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:16 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitEditLab View Post
My PC 64-bit version actually highlights all the tags with dedicated colors, which is important to separate them visually from the text. But, surprisingly, my MAC version definitively not: is this a recorded bug or a preference setting to fine-tune?
My 64-bit Windows 7 machine does not color the tabs. IIRC the color of calibre and its parts has always been up to the OS.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
In my machine, the tags are colored green for img, body, p, etc. They are purple for scr or href and green for the contents of quotes in tags. Things get majorly colored if things are not right with red underlines.

My machine is Windows7 64 bit.

This might be worth putting in as a feature request because it is very helpful to have the text show when you have something wrong or incomplete.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1315303

Just re-download 1.35 and re-install and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
In my machine, the tags are colored green for img, body, p, etc. They are purple for scr or href and green for the contents of quotes in tags. Things get majorly colored if things are not right with red underlines.
Tags != Tabs
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:21 AM   #6
DigitEditLab
DigitEditLab began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Samsung Note II, Kindle and a few more
Thanks to all for your commitment (I am pretty amazed, as this is my first thread ever).

@kovidgoyal: the re-download/re-install was fine, that works on my Mac.
DigitEditLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitEditLab View Post
Thanks to all for your commitment (I am pretty amazed, as this is my first thread ever).
Welcome to MobileRead.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre editor, color, tag