Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #1
unvisigoth
unvisigoth began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Clone a library

Hi,
sorry if this thing has been discussed yet but I didn't find anything.
My question is simple. I use Calibre Portable and I want to clone a library.
To say. I have a library (called for example "Mary" with 200 books inside) and I want a copy of the same library (call it "Fran") with the same 200 books inside.
Is there a way to have it without creating a new library and importing books one by one ?

Thanks
unvisigoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:20 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by unvisigoth View Post
Hi,
sorry if this thing has been discussed yet but I didn't find anything.
My question is simple. I use Calibre Portable and I want to clone a library.
To say. I have a library (called for example "Mary" with 200 books inside) and I want a copy of the same library (call it "Fran") with the same 200 books inside.
Is there a way to have it without creating a new library and importing books one by one ?

Thanks
Create a new library (Fran). Select all the books in library (Mary), right click, Copy to library, select Fran (use the option without delete after copy) and let calibre do it's thing.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:26 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Or just make a copy of the whole library folder, name the copied folder Fran and point Calibre to it (Switch/create new library - use existing library at the new location)
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #4
unvisigoth
unvisigoth began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Yes. It was simple . It was enough to think...

Thanks a lot
unvisigoth is offline   Reply With Quote