Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-12-2020, 03:58 AM   #1
titanicus
titanicus began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy J3 Android 9
Connecting to Rakuten Kobo

Hi,
I have an account on Rakuten Kobo and few books in there. I read them on my smartphone with the related App, but I can't download and see them on my computer, a Debian Linux stable with Calibre 3.39.1.
I do not have any e-reader device.

I looked for some solution around the web and in some forums, but can't find out how to solve the problem. How can I do?

Thanks a lot.
titanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:01 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanicus View Post
Hi,
I have an account on Rakuten Kobo and few books in there. I read them on my smartphone with the related App, but I can't download and see them on my computer, a Debian Linux stable with Calibre 3.39.1.
Have you worked through this?

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/ADE_2.0.1_Linux

Beyond that, I'm not a linux person but perhaps someone else can help you.

This isn't a Calibre issue - assuming there is DRM involved, you're going to need to get the epub books from Kobo into ADE before you can do anything else.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:06 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanicus View Post
Hi,

I looked for some solution around the web and in some forums, but can't find out how to solve the problem. How can I do?
Kobo books are downloadable from their site. Go to the site, click "My Account" and then "My Books". You can download the books from there. Books with no DRM will download directly. Books with DRM will, as @meeera suggests, need ADE to download them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:00 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Put a different way.
In many cases, a portable device can NOT be the middleman in the transfer into calibre. Besides DRM, many have 'protected storage' that is not accessible (in or out) via the USB port.

Also note: some books will not be delivered to your PC in any form (They know about Alf's tools? ) This is NOT just a Kobo thing. I have Kindle books that only show on the Tablets Library and not the one on the PC (I do have that upgrade blocked t 1.17, which may be that reason)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:03 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I know amazon sell some "not allowed on PC / for our hardware only " books, but I was not aware that Kobo store also does that ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 02:32 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
I know amazon sell some "not allowed on PC / for our hardware only " books, but I was not aware that Kobo store also does that ?
Kobo have books that don't get downloaded to the ereaders. They are intended to be used on the iOS or Android apps. I don't know if they get downloaded to the Kobo desktop application.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download, linux debian, rakuten kobo