Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-29-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
gussy
gussy began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 10
Calibre Crash Problem Solved (Readera Backups Folder Conflict)

I've had a problem with Calibre on my PC crashing when I plugged in my Samsung Note 9. Calibre would load up, detect the Note 9 main device and SD card, but when it started to get the list of books on the SD card, it would hang up on status "found object: Backups" and then crash every time.

I use to use the Readera app but switched to Moon+ Reader Pro as my ebook reader. I had deleted the Readera app from my phone. In troubleshooting the problem, I noted that there was still a residual Readera folder left on the phone and with a subfolder named backups with a few files in it. When I deleted the complete Readera folder, the Calibre crash stopped happening.
gussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Interesting, will try to replicate with my android phone when I have a chance, thoughit does not have a SD card.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
gussy
gussy began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 10
Kovid, the problem was not SD card related. All my Calibre books are on the Note 9's SD card. I first thought that the card was not working properly, so I removed it from the phone and the same crash kept happening.

BTW, I love Calibre!!
gussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:18 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
this is hopefully fixed in calibre 5.17
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote