Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-28-2019, 05:37 AM   #16
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonster View Post
I've seen some articles about upcoming changes Google is making regarding Gmail access:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...rting-july-15/

Do you think this will prevent us from using the current *workaround*?
I doubt it. When authenticating with Dropbox CC doesn't use anything from Google. Instead Dropbox contacts Google to verify the credentials then assuming they are correct gives CC access to Dropbox. I would be astonished if Google cut off Dropbox identity federation (OAUTH), or alternatively that Dropbox has not already done what they need to do.

It could be that CC's Google Drive connection will suffer, but Google hasn't said anything to us to that effect.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:28 AM   #17
bookmonster
bookmonster doesn't litterbookmonster doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I doubt it. When authenticating with Dropbox CC doesn't use anything from Google. Instead Dropbox contacts Google to verify the credentials then assuming they are correct gives CC access to Dropbox. I would be astonished if Google cut off Dropbox identity federation (OAUTH), or alternatively that Dropbox has not already done what they need to do.

It could be that CC's Google Drive connection will suffer, but Google hasn't said anything to us to that effect.
Awesome!
bookmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:00 PM   #18
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Dropbox changed their system in a way that broke CC authentication. There is no workaround. I must change CC to use a different authentication scheme, which will take me some time.
No pressure, just checking in.

Are you still thinking about implementing this update?
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:24 PM   #19
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
No pressure, just checking in.

Are you still thinking about implementing this update?
As I have passed the baton to Sam, he will now choose what gets done, and when.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote