Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 06-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
urban75
urban75 began at the beginning.

Device: palm centro
SunriseXP and Firefox3

I've been using and loving Sunrise XP for ages but thought I'd better check that I'll still be able to highlight parts of a webpage and clip them to SunriseXP with the latest version of Firefox.

Anyone tried it yet?

Cheers!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban75 View Post
I've been using and loving Sunrise XP for ages but thought I'd better check that I'll still be able to highlight parts of a webpage and clip them to SunriseXP with the latest version of Firefox.

Anyone tried it yet?
No, but I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work. The changes in FF3 should not have affected the ability to cut and paste.
______
Dennis
Old 06-22-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
rjaviles
rjaviles began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 700p
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban75 View Post

Anyone tried it yet?

Cheers!
There are two issues with the current known version of Sunrise (.42j).
1) Regarding the Sunrise Firefox extension: the allowed Firefox versions only goes up to and including 2.0. This can easily be changed by going to the extension directory for Firefox (on Windows Docs & Settings/<your username>Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/<your profile>/extensions/{27C4EE86-4CD9-450b-9B41-8AA83E92F355}/install.rdf
And change the value for TargetApplication->Description->MaxVersion to 3.*

2) Firefox 3 now uses sqlite db files to store cookies. Sunrise currently only supports reading legacy cookies.txt files. I have a patch which I will put into the SourceForge repo soon for this.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjaviles View Post
There are two issues with the current known version of Sunrise (.42j).
1) Regarding the Sunrise Firefox extension: the allowed Firefox versions only goes up to and including 2.0. This can easily be changed by going to the extension directory for Firefox (on Windows Docs & Settings/<your username>Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/<your profile>/extensions/{27C4EE86-4CD9-450b-9B41-8AA83E92F355}/install.rdf
And change the value for TargetApplication->Description->MaxVersion to 3.*
Alternatively, install Mel Reyes Tech Toolkit, which includes the ability to turn of version checking when installing extensions and a "Make Compatible" option to eliminate FF3's flagging on an extension as incompatible in the Add-Ons list.

Go here for info: http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/
______
Dennis