Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-27-2021, 11:58 AM   #1
NotSoGivingTree
NotSoGivingTree began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Converting ACSM to Kindle, "no supported format"

So this is my first attempt trying this conversion. I'm trying to get books for my Kindle Paperwhite. I had downloaded some eBooks from my library, which were opened on Adobe Digital Editions.

Following some tutorials, I downloaded Calibre with a DeDRM plugin. However, when I open my ACSM book file in Calibre and try to convert it, I keep getting an error message saying "no supported source format found."

What am I doing wrong?
NotSoGivingTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I suggest you read the rules for this site. Specific instructions for removing drm is not permitted.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2021, 12:25 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
ASCM is the Token Digital editions uses to FETCH the real book (EPUB)

You need Digital editions Installed (and registered to the same account of your devices so they work on any of those) to get the book first.
Then you need Alf's help to make the file convertible (MR rules prohibit providing that help. Don't ask again.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The ACSM file is not the book. The real book (epub) should be in the Digital Editions folder after you've opened the acsm with Digital Editions. That's the file you want.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 03:11 AM   #5
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Install Adobe Digital Editions, if you haven't done so yet. Then click on the .acsm file. It will open in ADE and place the epub file into your Documents/My Digital Editions folder. Then open Calibre. Then click on Add Book. Then find your Documents/My Digital Editions folder. Sort by date, and the epub file you downloaded to ADE should be at the top. Then you can add it into Calibre.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
acsm drm kindle ebook