Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2021, 09:42 PM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The KUAL thing is actually "normal". I had only rebuilt the JB hotfix packages., not the KUAL ones.

Which wasn't a real loss, because apparently the rebuilt stuff still fails, so, someone with that FW version will have to check their Settings menu and send me a snapshot of the Version popup, and/or a verbose syslog after a hotfix deletion. (Enter ;debugOn in the Homescreen's search bar; then drop the hotfix .bin over USBMS; then eject; then ;dm in the search bar. That's if memory serves me, which it might not, as I haven't touched a Kindle in years. If in doubt, run a search on my handle, as I should have asked people for this very thing approximately seven billion times over the last 10 years.).

In the meantime, if you do go the roundabout way: do (re-)install the *bridge* via MRPI after that, because coplate's packages are horribly outdated and/or ship a buggy version of the bridge code that was never meant to handle current FW versions.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-24-2021 at 09:54 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:43 PM   #47
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The KUAL thing is actually "normal". I had only rebuilt the JB hotfix packages.

WHich apparently still fail, so, someone with that FW version will have to check their Settings menu an send me a snapshot of it, and/or a verbose syslog after a hotfix deletion. (;debugOn then ;dm in the search bar, if memory serves, which it might not, as I haven't touched a Kindle in years).
Both SKK and lisica told me that they'll check it tomorrow. I'll tell them to send it to you instead.

Quote:
In the meantime, if you do go the roundabout way: do (re-)install the *bridge* via MRPI after that, because coplate's packages are horribly outdated and/or ship a buggy version of the bridge code that was never meant to handle current FW versions.
Oh, I didn't know that. Now I understand why KUAL burns and dies horribly every time I reinstall the same firmware while everything else still works. That's the only thing I always need to reinstall after an update.

Last edited by tryol; 03-24-2021 at 09:59 PM.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2021, 09:58 PM   #48
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, make sure you've actually re-downloaded the JB Hotfix archive from the Snapshots thread, as this is a hotfix packaging issue, it has nothing to do with KindleBreak .
Old 03-24-2021, 11:32 PM   #49
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Friendly reminder that the very first step of the "Open Sesame" sticky applies to everybody, and is there for a reason.

Otherwise you're just making everybody involved (and that includes you) run around like headless chickens.

a.k.a., "Read The Fine Manual".
Old 03-25-2021, 11:37 AM   #50
congtu9630
congtu9630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Quote:
Friendly reminder that the very first step of the "Open Sesame" sticky applies to everybody, and is there for a reason.

Otherwise you're just making everybody involved (and that includes you) run around like headless chickens.

a.k.a., "Read The Fine Manual".
Can you help me? I want download old firmware for my kindle ppw3, but i dont have the link file old firmware (< 5.13.3). Do you have any website save old firmware for kindle. If you have, please share for me. Thanks a lot.
congtu9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2021, 11:48 AM   #51
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by congtu9630 View Post
Can you help me? I want download old firmware for my kindle ppw3, but i dont have the link file old firmware (< 5.13.3). Do you have any website save old firmware for kindle. If you have, please share for me. Thanks a lot.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...ite_5.13.3.bin
This is a link for 5.13.3. Just change the numbers to the desired version.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:48 AM   #52
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congtu9630 View Post

Just replace the number at the end from 5.13.3 to the version you need. This is for PW3.
Maybe I should add a short firmware update tutorial to the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
This is a link for 5.13.3. Just change the numbers to the desired version.
Damn, I was 1 second late.

Edit: Added a firmware updating tutorial to the bottom of the OP.

Last edited by tryol; 03-25-2021 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:30 PM   #53
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@SKK figured out that FW 5.12.2.1.1 is extra-weird and forbids same-version OTAs, so I've rebuilt all the things to account for that. Thanks!

AFAICT, that was the final quirk .
Old 03-25-2021, 01:35 PM   #54
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
@SKK figured out that FW 5.12.2.1.1 is extra-weird and forbids same-version OTAs, so I've rebuilt all the things to account for that. Thanks!

AFAICT, that was the final quirk .

I'm waiting for lisica to test it as well, then I'll remove it from the Technical FAQ.

Edit: It worked, new JB Hotfix -> MRPI & KUAL (coplate), ty @lisica!

Last edited by tryol; 03-25-2021 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 02:04 PM   #55
lisica
lisica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Fix is working! Hotfix 1.16 installed without any problems, ;log is available, and coplate's KUAL build installed through the MRPI successfuly.
Thank you guys!
lisica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:24 PM   #56
bnpssilva
Connoisseur
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: KV, kOA2, KPW1, KPW2, KPW4,KT1, KT3, KT4,kOBOS, Nooks, PRS-T2
I worked very well in my KV, KT3 and KT4. Thank you very much!!! But I fear automatic upgrades that can destroy the JB; How can I stop them? Can I downgrade? My KV is in 5.12.5, KT4 is in 5.13.3, and KT3 is in 5.12.1
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:29 PM   #57
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpssilva View Post
I worked very well in my KV, KT3 and KT4. Thank you very much!!! But I fear automatic upgrades that can destroy the JB; How can I stop them? Can I downgrade? My KV is in 5.12.5, KT4 is in 5.13.3, and KT3 is in 5.12.1
NiLuJe talks about that in the Jailbreak Index:

Quote:
We generally recommend using the "Helper" KUAL extension, which provides a "PREVENT OTA Updates" button which, besides doing what it says on the tin, should prevent some battery drain caused by a tad aggressive "call home" behavior in some FW versions.
Fair warning, though: this will *no longer* protect you from automatic updates on FW >= 5.12.x! On those FW versions, slightly more aggressive methods are in various phases of development, check the forums (e.g., https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=327879).

If you're in a position to choose which FW version to update to, *avoid* anything >= 5.12.x, as it has become even more aggressive, preventing you both from (easily) blocking OTA updates, and greatly (potentially fatally) hampering the JailBreak's ability to survive, as well as your recovery options!
Unfortunately with those firmware versions you're out of luck.

Since now it's possible to jailbreak all the models >= 5.12.x, I'd be surprised if people over the Block OTA by removing ota related binaries thread wouldn't find a way to make it work for the new versions soon.

Edit: About downgrading, I'm not sure. I've never had to downgrade before.

Last edited by tryol; 03-25-2021 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 03:09 PM   #58
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Downgrading is a little bit tricky
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272132
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:31 PM   #59
BoberMod
BoberMod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Does it work with Kindle Oasis 3 (2019)?
BoberMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:37 PM   #60
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoberMod View Post
Does it work with Kindle Oasis 3 (2019)?
Please read the first line right under this section in the OP:
Check if your device is supported using the steps below:

But yes, it does if it's on the right firmware version.

Tags
5.13.3, exploit, jailbreak, kindle, kindlebreak