Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-25-2021, 02:53 AM   #766
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I started with Local Custom, because a review of it has a reference to Georgette Heyer who was one of my favorite authors. I then read Conflict of Honors, simply to see what happened with the older Shan. After that I read Agent of Change.

That introductory sequence worked well for me.

Somewhere around here I have the Buzzy Multimedia audiobook version of Local Custom on CDs.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 12:27 AM   #767
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Posted by Sharon Lee, elsewhere:

Coming to a bookstore near you in February 2022, A Liaden Universe(R) Constellation, Volume 5. Art by Sam Kennedy. Stories by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller.

Table of Contents:
Authors' Foreword
Fortune's Favors
Opportunity to Seize
Shout of Honor
Command Decision
Dark Secrets
A Visit to the Galaxy Ballroom
The Gate That Locks the Tree
Preferred Seating
Ambient Conditions
Dead Men Dream

Last edited by CRussel; 05-24-2021 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Added Cover Image
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 12:12 AM   #768
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This just in:

Baen Books has arranged for Tantor Media to produce audio editions of the Liaden Universe® Constellations. They are reportedly at work on Constellation One.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:17 PM   #769
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Oh, that's. sweet!
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:45 AM   #770
CRussel
(he/him/his)

And, in other Liaden news, the title for the next novel is: Fair Trade!. And yes, it IS a Jethri novel.

Also, a new chapbook is due up for pre-order RSN, and will be titled Bad Actors.

Details on Sharon's blog(s): https://rolanni.dreamwidth.org/1289084.html.
Old 07-06-2021, 05:06 PM   #771
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
And, in other Liaden news, the title for the next novel is: Fair Trade!. And yes, it IS a Jethri novel.

Also, a new chapbook is due up for pre-order RSN, and will be titled Bad Actors.

Details on Sharon's blog(s): https://rolanni.dreamwidth.org/1289084.html.
oh great news! Thanks Charlie
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:24 AM   #772
CRussel
(he/him/his)

You're welcome, Victoria. (And glad to see you back!)
Old 07-26-2021, 11:44 PM   #773
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Posted by Sharon Lee, elsewhere:
Quote:
FAIR TRADE, by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, the 24th novel in the Liaden Universe®, direct sequel to 2013's TRADE SECRET, has been turned in to Madame the Publisher at Baen.
Currently projected for Summer, 2022.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:10 AM   #774
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
In my email last night:

Sharon Lee and Steve Miller's A Liaden Universe® Constellation, Volume 5 is now available as an eARC.

https://www.baen.com/a-liaden-univer...me-5-earc.html

So if you do/can not wait until February you can get it now for the price of $15.00

bernie

Quote:
What is an eARC?

An eARC is an Advance Reader Copy. This is an unproofed manuscript and is guaranteed to be full of typos and error. It is pretty much raw from the author's word processor. But you get the entire eARC well in advance of even the Monthly Baen Bundle release.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:08 PM   #775
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Thanks for that, gbm. I knew it was coming, but hadn't seen the arrival - my eARC announcements generally get ignored these days, since there are very few authors for whom I can afford to spend the extra for an eARC.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:13 AM   #776
CRussel
(he/him/his)

New "Adventures" chapbook coming soon

Sharon Lee has posted elsewhere that a new Adventures in the Liaden Universe chapbook is coming to your favourite eBook venue soonish. Bread Alone, this is a compilation of all the baking short stories, and a completely new one as well. I am really looking forward to this, I've quite enjoyed the already published ones, and would love to see them all pulled together. The book will be quite long for their chapbooks -- it looks to come in >300 pages. It's in the proofreading stage now, but the hope is to have it out by the end of the month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bread Alone.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	189995  
Old 11-06-2021, 01:55 PM   #777
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great news! Thanks gmb and Charlie. Bread Alone sounds like fun. Personally, I’ve always wanted to try maize buttons.
Old 11-06-2021, 06:36 PM   #778
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Good to see you, Victoria! How have you been?
Old 11-09-2021, 12:13 PM   #779
Victoria
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Good to see you, Victoria! How have you been?
Thanks for asking Charlie! I’ve had some back issues which make sitting and reading uncomfortable. However I’m in physio now, and it’s been quite helpful, so I’m working my way through it. But I do feel like a bit of a sham when I check in at MR though .

I hope all has been well with you?
Old 11-09-2021, 08:44 PM   #780
CRussel
(he/him/his)

I've been "OK", but my DW's leg issues have recurred and it's meant twice weekly visits to the Health Centre since May. Slowly getting better, though, so I'm hopeful that it will be back to "normal" by the end of the year.

My reading has been a LOT of comfort reads, and mostly ones where I have both the eBook and the audio book. Audio books allow me to read while gardening, or knitting, or simply walking the dog. It helps.

FYI, the pre-order page for Bread Alone is up on Amazon. I've just ordered it.