Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2019, 04:58 AM   #16
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
@GeoffR
Is there any way to check if a font meets the all standard kobo rules before sideload it? Something like:
"checkfnt.exe myfont.ttf"
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:22 AM   #17
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
@GeoffR
Is there any way to check if a font meets the all standard kobo rules before sideload it? Something like:
"checkfnt.exe myfont.ttf"
There was a tool somewhere in this forum that could automatically fix a lot of the problems, a script for Fontforge I think, but I can't remember what it was called.

For the fonts I have come across the most common problems have been with inconsistent internal style names, incorrect weight set in the PANOSE table, and for older fonts often bad hinting, but I just fix them by manually examining and editing the font with Fontforge.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2019, 09:43 AM   #18
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Not sure what you mean by 'ugly'. I do notice that justified Kepubs are far more likely to have widely spaced words than justified ePubs on my Nook.
With ligatures enabled, the spacing between words in justified Kepubs is wonky (sometimes normal, sometimes bigger). I tried enabling ligatures when we first had the option to do so, but the spacing bothered me so much that I turned it off.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:13 AM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
With ligatures enabled, the spacing between words in justified Kepubs is wonky (sometimes normal, sometimes bigger). I tried enabling ligatures when we first had the option to do so, but the spacing bothered me so much that I turned it off.
So it sounds like yes, the problem persists.

(I never knew it was enabling ligatures that causes the weird spacing in justified kepubs. You taught me something!)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote