Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2019, 03:00 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
When do we expect the Kobo Clara HD to go on sale....

....for under $100?

I'm considering a purchase.

Thanks!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The 33rd of August.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The 33rd of August.
But that's only in Canada.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
....for under $100?

Thanks!
Mother's Day.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Mother's Day.

Is that based upon the "Revised Calendar" put out by GoodEReader that lists Mother's Day 3 times in one calendar year?
Advert
Old 04-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
....for under $100?

Thanks!
I gave up waiting for a sale and just ordered one full price a couple of weeks ago. I wish it were waterproof, but otherwise it is a terrific reader.

It may be where I live, but I ordered from Walmart on a Wednesday and it was at my door on Thursday, with no special rush shipping requested.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

The thing is I still have my Kobo Glo HD, but the text on the bottom 1/3 of the screen is lighter than the top 2/3. It's still quite readable, but that issue bothers me. I love the way it 'holds' in my hand (without a case) when reading.

I also have Kindle Voyage that works great, and I have my larger Kobo Aura One that is wonderful when I want to read on a larger screen.

So...that's why I'm thinking of another 6 inch Reader.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-23-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #8
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
The Clara is a joy to use. You won't regret it.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:55 AM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The thing is I still have my Kobo Glo HD, but the text on the bottom 1/3 of the screen is lighter than the top 2/3. It's still quite readable, but that issue bothers me. I love the way it 'holds' in my hand (without a case) when reading.
I liked the way the Clara felt out of a case. The back isn't as neat looking as my Aura. In fact, it's kind of ugly to me. But it felt nice in the hand for those few hours before I slapped it in a bland case.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:03 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

That's good to know that it feels good in the hand when reading.

I'll probably buy one within the next few months.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:39 PM   #11
RAFS
RAFS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hello! New user here!

Settled on the Clara HD after trying the H20 for a week. LOVE IT!!!!

Anyhow, on topic. Kobo Canada currently has the Clara on sale for $120 CAD, which is approximately $90 USD. Odd that Kobo US still has it for $130 USD.

Have a great day!!
RAFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:14 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFS View Post
Anyhow, on topic. Kobo Canada currently has the Clara on sale for $120 CAD, which is approximately $90 USD. Odd that Kobo US still has it for $130 USD.

Have a great day!!
yeah, as a Yank you can save $$$ by ordering from Canada. But based on the Clara's problems when it was first released, I ordered from a US retailer so I could more easily exchange it.

The Clara is wonderful. No sign of lightbleed. But the extra $40 could be seen as insurance against the hassle of international shipping and dealing with Kobo customer service.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:18 AM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
ZodWallop I had to Return the Kobo Clara HD recently. Walmart refused to take it back since it been Over 15 days. Kobo sent me the Shipping Label & everything was done & I had my New one within a Week! No Problems with Customer Service or Shipping!

BTW Dr Drib lives in San Borja (Lima), Peru .... 1 Are there even Walmarts in Peru? 2 Do they even sell the Kobo? I thought that was for the USA Walmarts only.

Guessing this means Yes ... https://laplazaperu.wordpress.com/20...ta-en-el-peru/

Last edited by Barbara1955; 04-24-2019 at 05:29 AM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:24 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
ZodWallop I had to Return the Kobo Clara HD recently. Walmart refused to take it back since it been Over 15 days. Kobo sent me the Shipping Label & everything was done & I had my New one within a Week! No Problems with Customer Service or Shipping!

BTW Dr Drib lives in San Borja (Lima), Peru .... 1 Are there even Walmarts in Peru? 2 Do they even sell the Kobo? I thought that was for the USA Walmarts only.

Guessing this means Yes ... https://laplazaperu.wordpress.com/20...ta-en-el-peru/

No Walmarts, unfortunately.

What I usually do is have my sister ship something to me, or I wait until I go back there, usually during Christmas or a vacation.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Is that based upon the "Revised Calendar" put out by GoodEReader that lists Mother's Day 3 times in one calendar year?
That is based on the calendar that shows that Kobo release new devices & have sales on Mother's Day.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote