Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-30-2017, 06:03 AM   #1681
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Here's the cover and some information, for anyone who's interested:

http://beta.benefits.naxos.com/Offer...bf287b85863389

(It may not be downloadable from my link since, as indicated, you may have to access it from your email account.)

My copy is currently downloading.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:28 PM   #1682
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Here's the cover and some information, for anyone who's interested:

http://beta.benefits.naxos.com/Offer...bf287b85863389

(It may not be downloadable from my link since, as indicated, you may have to access it from your email account.)

My copy is currently downloading.
Downloadable from my computer, although my right to access the webpage may be stored in some cookie or something, since I had already accessed that webpage earlier (I don't know how those kinds of things work).

Checking a different browser, the webpage opened just fine. A good sign, I suppose.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2017, 06:12 PM   #1683
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is the belated (my fault, not theirs) free download of the day from YourClassical. If you happen to miss today's giveaway before it ends between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. ET US tomorrow morning, however, remember that there is at least one archive of YourClassical daily freebies. The one to which I refer goes back about 6 or 7 days. It is at http://feeds.feedburner.com/YourClassicalDailyDownload.

Today's freebie from YourClassical is from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. It is his Piano Concerto No. 19: Allegro.

I don't know if this is a characteristic of all of Mozart's compositions, but of the ones that I've heard, they tend to have a playful, even ebullient, feel to them that I like. That is the case with this piece.

To download the free piece, point your browser (no one ever says that anymore, do they?) to this webpage, and click on "Direct MP3 download link."
Old 05-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #1684
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Today's free YourClassical MP3 is Felix Mendelssohn's Piano Trio No. 2: IV. Finale.

Even though it is called a "piano" trio, the violin is almost as prominent as the piano.

Download the MP3 by navigating to this webpage. Click on "Direct MP3 download link."
Old 05-02-2017, 01:22 PM   #1685
LJJohnson
Groupie
LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: -- Home is where the RV stops (Texas ~6 months/year)
Device: Kindle Fire HDX, Fire HD, Paperwhite,Android & Windpws phones
Gretchen Peters free monthly downloads

I don't know how many of your know about Gretchen Peters, but she has written hits for Martina McBride, Etta James, Trisha Yearwood, Patty Loveless, George Strait, Anne Murray, Shania Twain, Neil Diamond, and Faith Hill. Peters was inducted to the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame on October 5, 2014. She won the Country Music Association Song of the Year for Independence Day, and won the UK Americana Association International Album of the Year and Song of the Year for Blackbirds. She was also nominated by Grammy Awards and ACM for Best Country Song for the song "You Don't Even Know Who I Am". She has 7 albums of her own - some covers, many of her own songs. She sings a lot of "sad songs", which, as she points out, are sometimes more hopeful than sad. She is my third favorite female singer, behind Alison Krauss and Emmylou Harris.

Once a month, she offers a free song from one of her live performances at https://www.gretchenpeters.com/downloads/ (see current download song info below). I don't know if she will do it in the future, but last year she offered a 100-song "catch-up" ZIP of all the live songs she had posted thus far.

I can listen to her songs for hours, which is good since her 100 live songs, and the couple of albums I have, take hours to play.

Quote:
May’s download is “To Say Goodbye”, a song from my Burnt Toast & Offerings album which still finds its way into the setlist from time to time. This version was recorded live at the Cornbury Festival on June 29th, 2012, during the Hello Cruel World Summer Festival tour in the UK. It features Barry Walsh on piano/vocals and the legendary Danny Thompson on bass.
LJJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #1686
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^
I get a "secured connection failed" message on the link.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:00 PM   #1687
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^
I get a "secured connection failed" message on the link.
You know what that means? A secured connection failed (actually sometimes I think that it can mean anything).

I got the message, too.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #1688
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Alexander Street's newest free downloads of the week (that's what they call them, but they send them to us every two weeks) is now available. Check your email inbox if you are a subscriber.

The composer is Modest Mussorgsky. I don't remember hearing his name before, but I immediately recognized the first song, and I think that you will too--it's Promenade. All of the selections from Mussorgsky's suite Pictures at an Exhibition.

There are five other pieces with this giveaway. Due to the sheer number of pieces, I was not able to listen to all of them before completing this post. If these songs are any indication, however, Mussorgsky is not as good as some of the great composers that we've been privileged to obtain recordings of, but better than others. In other words, he's middlin'. Perhaps that's why he is called "Modest"? ha

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-02-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:32 PM   #1689
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

WarGameVault is a business for gamers, of which I am not (gamer, that is). But I've occasionally found stuff of great interest to me on the subjects of history, war, etc. of which I do have an interest.

You might be interested in knowing that they currently have 879--don't adjust your monitor, that's 879--free products. I assume that all of these are digital products, because, well, that's all that they sell.

You might want to give a look-see at this selection. Thankfully, there is a filter, so that you don't have to go through the entire selection to find topics of interest to you.

http://www.wargamevault.com/browse.php?pto=0&pfrom=0.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-02-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:21 PM   #1690
LJJohnson
Groupie
LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
You know what that means? A secured connection failed (actually sometimes I think that it can mean anything).

I got the message, too.
Grrrrr... It doesn't like HTTPS. Should have tested, just so used to changing all the websites connections to HTTPS (Malware Bytes complains if I don't)

So, try this: http://www.gretchenpeters.com/downloads/. You can sign in or sign up.

Sorry 'bout that. Had to watch Monday's The Voice since I missed it doing some led installations around the RV (inside and out). Strip LEDs are just plain cool.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #1691
LJJohnson
Groupie

LJJohnson;3515317]Grrrrr... It doesn't like HTTPS. Should have tested, just so used to changing all the websites connections to HTTPS (Malware Bytes complains if I don't)

So, try this: http://www.gretchenpeters.com/downloads/. You can sign in or sign up.

Sorry 'bout that. Would have checked earlier, but had to watch Monday's The Voice since I missed it doing some LED installations around the RV (inside and out). Strip LEDs are just plain cool.[/QUOTE]

Yes it IS that bright

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-02-2017 at 07:49 PM. Reason: image exceeded 600x600 limit
Old 05-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #1692
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Enjoy Symphony No. 1: Finale, composed by Carl Nielsen, courtesy of YourClassical. It is their daily free download.

Nielsen is another composer whose name that I didn't recognize before today. These YourClassical daily freebies have really enhanced my knowledge of classical music and composers! But I started off making posts like this with very little knowledge of either . . . .

When I began playing the piece, I almost instantaneously thought "stirring." It is a very stirring piece, although the volume does fluctuate greatly.

Get this free piece from this dedicated YourClassical webpage for today's freebie.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #1693
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

If you're on nativedsd.com's mailing list, be sure to check the message that you got from them today. If you've got equipment that can do justice to DXD, you might have special interest in this post.

There is a free track of a "progressive rock" song entitled Animals. The album appears to be entitled Paper Motion. It is from the TRPTK label.

I know nothing about the group. I've listened to the song, and the song and performance is all right, nothing special IMHO.

The main reason that I'm posting it (besides the fact that it is free) is that the track comes from an album advertised as "the world's first Progressive Rock album, "direct to 352.kHz DXD [their emphasis, G]," and DSD64 and 128. I had never heard of DXD, to my knowledge. DXD appears to be ultra-high quality--above even DSD. The email that I got about the album and the free track stated, "Enjoy this new music in it's [sic] original master quality!!" I know one thing, the download for just the track is nearly 400 mb, and the song is not really all that long!

For some reason, I see no way to turn the email message into a webpage, as I normally can, so it looks like if you're not a subscriber, that you may be outta luck. Here's a booklet that you can download to read about the album; it's also freely available on TRPTK's website at this webpage, and I think elsewhere. NativeDSD.com might have some more information, as might the website for the TRPTK label.

BTW--the song is playable on your computer, with your basic media player--at least it is on mine.

Don't dilly-dally about downloading the track--the deal is to last 48 hours from about 7:30 a.m. ET USA today, May 3. I guess that that makes it about 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, but I'm almost afraid to say.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-04-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:06 AM   #1694
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The free MP3 piece from YourClassical today is from composer Giacomo Puccini, and is called Madama Butterfly: Humming Chorus.

The song is vocal, as the name of it suggests. However, it is not what I would call "humming"; perhaps it would be in the Old World. And, there is no singing, as I think of singing. There's probably a technical name for it, but I do not know it. Anyway, it's different from most of the free classical pieces that we get from YourClassical.

The "Direct MP3 download link" is on this webpage.

See you tomorrow, for the final free piece for the week (M-F) from YourClassical.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-04-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:11 AM   #1695
keithdt
Connoisseur
keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Amazon has free rental of National Geographic video LA '92 (no idea how long this will last, maybe today only).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YP7KGW...923520_TE_M1DP

"Marking the 25th anniversary of the Los Angeles riots, LA92 immerses viewers in that tumultuous period through rarely-seen archival footage." (1 hr., 54 min.).
keithdt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere