Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Questions - most recent list, weird behavior and KK out of stock?

I noticed yesterday that even though my books on the home screen of my K3 were listed in "most recent" order, the three books I had most recently been reading were suddenly no where to be seen.

I switched to portrait mode to more quickly scroll through my list of books, and I finally found them on page 21 out of 21 at the very end of my list. All of the rest of my books seemed to be in what was most recent order.

Does anyone know why my three most recent books would suddenly end up at the very end of the list for no apparent reason? Is this some sort of known bug?

It's funny, I just contacted Amazon the other night because I have a grey line on the screen that never goes away and they are sending a new one, but now this one is acting weird. (It also skipped several chapters when I press the page button earlier today.)

One other thing... I could have sworn the Kindle Keyboards were out of stock the other day (maybe on Thursday?) which is why I decided to hurry up and call about my screen problem in case they were phasing them out. Did anyone else see them listed as out of stock? Now I am a little worried that I really will end up getting one with the greyer screen so prevalent with the new Kindles, which was why I was procrastinating about contacting CS in the first place. Did anyone else see them listed as out of stock a couple days ago or was I mistaken? I noticed they no longer list the KK on my Amazon home page like they used to. Have they said they're discontinuing it?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
The Kindle Keyboard is still available, I just think that Amazon is highlighting the newer models on the home page.

3G

wifi
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I found it earlier today after reading a post which I thought mentioned something about it being out of stock and something about a different supplier... although that may have been one of the new ones. I closed the tab too quickly and I don't remember the details.

I wonder if the page I looked at Thursday was from a non-Amazon seller and I just didn't realize it. I've been unusually distracted lately. I do wonder how long they plan to continue to manufacture and sell them though. I know a lot of people really love the physical keyboard.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
InsulinJunkie72
Enthusiast
InsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook HD+
From the articles covering the launch event a few weeks back, it was mentioned that they were going to keep the KK around until they sold through the stock they had left.

Given the signs (KK SO wi-fi sold out on Amazon, retailers blowing them out this holiday season), that does appear to be the case.
InsulinJunkie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsulinJunkie72 View Post
From the articles covering the launch event a few weeks back, it was mentioned that they were going to keep the KK around until they sold through the stock they had left.

Given the signs (KK SO wi-fi sold out on Amazon, retailers blowing them out this holiday season), that does appear to be the case.
Oh right, I did notice that one model was no longer listed. Maybe that is what I saw last week. (Thanks for reminding me about that and the launch articles.) I guess that means my replacement wasn't just manufactured at least.

It probably won't take to long to sell out the remaining stock considering the busy shopping season. I wonder if they'll reconsider manufacturing more if they keep selling well.

I'm still wondering if anyone has had strange behavior with their most recent books disappearing to the end of their book list for no apparent reason. Just me?
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Does anyone know why my three most recent books would suddenly end up at the very end of the list for no apparent reason? ...
Usually when the Recent list seems out of order the cause is that the Kindle's internal clock is incorrect.

On the Home screen access the Settings entry on the Menu and check the clock setting.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Usually when the Recent list seems out of order the cause is that the Kindle's internal clock is incorrect.

On the Home screen access the Settings entry on the Menu and check the clock setting.
I didn't know that. I reset the time yesterday because I realized I hadn't updated it since the time change. I guess that must have messed it up. Thanks so much for the explanation Dwig.