Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
PixieDinoGirl
PixieDinoGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Home Page Load Times

I just got a Clara HD last weekend. I mainly read fan fiction in epub format and have about 3000 'books' loaded on.

However, I'm finding the load times from the home page to be really slow. Over a minute slow. Whenever I click on either My Books or My Collections it takes over a minute to load these pages, long enough for me to actually wonder if I clicked it. Once that page is loaded it's happy to scroll through the different collections and books without any trouble. It's just the Home page where the issue is.

Has anyone else had this? Am I missing something obvious?
PixieDinoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Yeah I find it slow opening from the home page too (not a whole minute, but slow enough that I wonder if the touch registered). It's been that way for me for the last few firmwares (not just on the Clara)

I've only got 1500 or so on mine so that might be why it isn't as slow as yours. Weirdly, I just realized that if I have the Books filtered to just Overdrive (4 books), it opens noticeably faster from the home page.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
Yeah I find it slow opening from the home page too (not a whole minute, but slow enough that I wonder if the touch registered). It's been that way for me for the last few firmwares (not just on the Clara)

I've only got 1500 or so on mine so that might be why it isn't as slow as yours. Weirdly, I just realized that if I have the Books filtered to just Overdrive (4 books), it opens noticeably faster from the home page.
Why weird? In one place you are asking it to build a list of 1500 books and display it. In the latter you are asking for a list of 4 books. It won't be rendering the full list, but, it will need to spend time working out what is to be displayed and how many pages.

For the collections list, how long it takes depends on the number of collections and how many books are in them. The more collections the longer. The more books in each collection, the longer. But, the latter seems to have less of an impact with recent firmware. I'm at a fairly low mark with the number of collections I have, only about four pages, so it isn't taking long to open them and I haven't seen any issues for a while.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote