Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 04:48 PM   #1
goldmine1965
goldmine1965 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Clara HD Frozen

My Clara HD screen has frozen. The covers of two books are superimposed over each other. No matter where I touch on the screen, it is not responding. Powering on and off does not change anything. I can't return it, I do not have the original packaging anymore. Can I take the back cover off and do anything myself? Sorry for the sideways view, I do not know how to rotate it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0672.JPG
Views:	421
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	171411  
goldmine1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmine1965 View Post
My Clara HD screen has frozen. The covers of two books are superimposed over each other. No matter where I touch on the screen, it is not responding. Powering on and off does not change anything. I can't return it, I do not have the original packaging anymore. Can I take the back cover off and do anything myself? Sorry for the sideways view, I do not know how to rotate it
sorry to be the bearer of bad news unfortunately it looks like it's caused by a broken substrate (broken screen)

hopefully i'm wrong and someone more knowledgeable than me on these matters will be able to help.

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 05-10-2019 at 05:01 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I would agree that's a broken substrate.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:48 PM   #4
JAC70
JAC70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You held the power button down for 10-15 seconds?
JAC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:14 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC70 View Post
You held the power button down for 10-15 seconds?
Take a close look at the image in the OP's message. Notice the curved line just above the DARK in DARKNESS. That is pretty much a classic cracked substrate image. A power cycle is not going to help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0672.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	171448  

Last edited by DNSB; 05-14-2019 at 12:16 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:26 PM   #6
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
it's long overdue for all ereader's regardless of screen size to have a plastic substrate instead of glass.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:38 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Yep.....classic broken substrate photo.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote