Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Low battery notification?

Hi, is there any way to get a low battery notification?

I never realize my battery is low when i'm reading at night, so i put my kobo to sleep, and next night when i try to resume reading, it is already powered off with the no battery message, and i could have left it charging during the day.
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:57 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
This thread might do what you want with a patch that started out as a request for the time to be displayed, but ended up giving us a very nice way to add the time, date and battery level on every page. I got used to the time display from my Sony 350 and always missed it.

I only display the time and battery level, but you can arrange it however you like, even dropping time and date and only displaying the battery level if you prefer. Mine looks like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery level and time.png
Views:	198
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	171304  
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:04 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The firmware does give a low battery notice. I can't remember what level it is at, but it is high enough that the device shouldn't be running out of power overnight if you are letting it sleep unless the battery is failing. Your Aura is old enough that it probably doesn't hold as much charge as it once did. You probably need to accept that you need to charge it each night.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:14 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
My aura 6" gives notice. But most times when not reading I just go ahead & put on charge.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:37 PM   #5
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think there is a 10% notice. Maybe yours tapes off quickly when reaching that mark...?

You should not wait that long to charge anyway. Charge early.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #6
gonzule

Thanks everyone, will check the mod to see if i can have battery displayed constantly.

About the battery age, it shouldnt be that bad, i can read for a couple of weeks before i have to recharge it again. Strangley, the batter always dies between uses, that is, i put it to sleep without nay issues, and 24 hours later, i get the dead battery message and need to recharge.

Maybe like you said, once it reaches 10% it depletes faster than normal due to age. I've also found that once it is discharged, i can connect it to a charger/computer to wake it up and it will still work long enough fo rme to read before going to bed (an hour or so).

Cheers everyone and thanks for your advice!
Old 05-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #7
gonzule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
This thread might do what you want with a patch that started out as a request for the time to be displayed, but ended up giving us a very nice way to add the time, date and battery level on every page. I got used to the time display from my Sony 350 and always missed it.

I only display the time and battery level, but you can arrange it however you like, even dropping time and date and only displaying the battery level if you prefer. Mine looks like this:
thanks! i had a modded prs505 (my first reader) and i also miss having that clock there! Will definitely check this patch.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:36 AM   #8
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Oh, I actually had a photo of the battery notice over here (in my NickelIcons thread):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...0&d=1436793717

It should show up when reaching 10% ( just with a different picture normally. ;-) )
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote