Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
lalori
lalori began at the beginning.

Device: koboarc
Can't connect

Hi,

After resetting factory settings I am unable to use my Kobo because when I try to connect to my WiFi then after entering my password I get this message:
There was a problem downloading the update. Try to upgrade or change your WiFi connection again to fix the problem. #7 error.
I would be very grateful if someone helped me solve this problem.
Thanks in advance
lalori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:00 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What model of Kobo?

Have you tried using the Kobo Desktop to do the setup over USB?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:10 PM   #3
lalori
lalori began at the beginning.

Device: koboarc
The Koboarc. I didn't use Kobo Desktop because I just did a Factory Reset in the Kobo itself and after this "Kobo asked to fill up some settings and a second setup is to connect with my wi-fi which I cannot do it. Without this, I'm not able to go farther.
lalori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
We have important news for you regarding your Kobo Arc tablet.

Your Kobo Arc tablet requires a mandatory software update by February 28, 2019. To stay aligned with global internet security standards, we are releasing a mandatory software update for all Kobo Arc tablet models. Without this update, your Kobo Arc tablet will no longer be able to exit the setup process after a factory reset is performed.

Rest assured that no items in your Kobo library will be affected; you will continue to have access to all reading material you have purchased or downloaded from Rakuten Kobo.

How to update your tablet's software
Follow the prompts on your Kobo Arc to install the update before February 28. If you are unable to do this before February 28, you will need to install it manually by following these steps:

1.Open the Settings app.
2.Tap 'About Kobo Arc' at the bottom of the Settings list.
3.Tap 'System updates'.
4.You should see a 'Check for updates' message.
5.Tap 'Check Now' and follow further instructions.

Read with Kobo with the free Kobo App
You can download the free Kobo App available for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, and read with Kobo on a device you already own.

If you have any questions or concerns about this message, please contact Kobo Customer Care.

Last update was over 4 years ago. They couldn't even be bothered to update the revision number on this one.

Code:
FILENAME : zeus-ota-781.zip
BYTES    : 409497457
SHA1     : e780bfa1995207914e06b1c8e53e4529a4b53bc7
BUILD    : kobo/zeus/zeus:4.1.1/JRO03L/781:user/release-keys
TIMESTAMP: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 14:59:40 GMT
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:04 PM   #5
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
And if you can't update that way, Kobo website has directions for updating via Windows or Mac.

https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...o-arc-software
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote