Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-07-2017, 09:54 AM   #346
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Support for soft-hyphens, please.

(Touch HD) Hyphenation support is limited to just a few major languages. Unsupported languages could be rendered better with calibre's Hyphenate This plugin.

I know I can copy additional hyph dictionaries to the device, and in my case it works most of the time, otherwise it crashes the reader (two books out of ten, language: hungarian, sure it's a difficult one).
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:49 AM   #347
Mactire
Mactire began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini / HTC Desire Aldiko
I've got my Pocketbook Touch HD 2 for about three weeks now.
I am absolutely loving it.

There are a couple of things on my wishlist:

1. Turn off auto wake feature
Whenever I put my Pocketbook on something magnetic (like my tablet case or 3DS) it wakes my reader. I'd love to turn of this function.

2. Show book cover on sleep
When I put my Pocketbook to sleep it shows the last displayed screen with a 'sleep bubble' over it. I'd like to see the cover of the last read book instead.

3. Power off after one day, or three
Right now, the Pocketbook can be set to power off after a maximum of one hour. It would be awesome to see this extended to one day, or even better three days. I use my Pocketbook very regularly so I'd rather not turn it off unless I'm super busy. Then it may power off after three days.

4. Clear search history
In the library, you can search for books. Every time I look for something, the search is saved and displayed in a list. Sometimes this is handy for a quick re-search. But I'd love to be able to clear this search cache.

I'd love to see other peoples feedback on this.
Mactire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2018, 04:01 PM   #348
Aquan
Aquan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactire View Post
2. Show book cover on sleep
When I put my Pocketbook to sleep it shows the last displayed screen with a 'sleep bubble' over it. I'd like to see the cover of the last read book instead.
Hmm, I don't know if they removed it for the newer devices, but at least my Touch Lux 3 does already have this option in the settings under "Personalization" (?)

What I would like to have would be the option to use a smaller zoom factor for the column view for pdfs, so that more of the page is visible. Right now it seems as if the page is simply split in 2 or 3 "slices" with no overlap. This works, if the layout is completely symmetric. However, I have many pdfs that have an asymmetric layout to mirror the layout of the real book. In that case, parts of the columns get cut off.

If the column view would provide a smaller zoom factor, the different "slices" would overlap and therefore a slightly asymmetric layout wouldn't pose a problem anymore.
Aquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:00 AM   #349
JohnDae
Connoisseur
JohnDae began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
I would need an option to disable font anti-aliasing in fbreader. Also a system menu option to disable anti-aliasing globally would be great.

There was some cfg file in system folder that had option for disabling anti-aliasing but it doesn't work at least in fbreader or the browser.
JohnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:10 AM   #350
JohnDae
Connoisseur
JohnDae began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzverde View Post
It would be great if PDF files were treated the same way as EPUB files in the explorer / shelf application.
I'd like to see them sorted automatically by author and genre the same way epub files are. For now, they only show up as 'uncategorized' books when I use those sorting options in the shelf. Only the epub are sorted using the tags I put for them in Calibre before transferring them on the PB. I guess it should be possible for the PB's internal db file to be altered with the relevant keys ? Or is it a problem with the very structure of PDF files ?
And what would be even nicer is that their cover showed up too ! But maybe this is asking for too much. And it's only eye-candy. But the sorting thing by authors and genres/tags/labels (whatever you call them) would be really great and helpful.
Yeah, this would be nice. The current software seems to ignore tags in pdf files. This means I can't sort stuff between fiction and non-fiction using tags because it doesn't work for pdf material.
JohnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2018, 08:58 AM   #351
trbn
trbn began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Feature request

The things I really would love to have on my Pocketbook:
  • I read a lot non-fiction books, and would love to have a "look up in Wikipedia" feature, similar to the dictionary.
  • Integration with Pocket (https://getpocket.com)
  • Invert colors, so I can read with white text on black background.
trbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:34 AM   #352
willyloco
Nameless Being

Feature reques

I just got my Inkpad 3.

What I miss is bluetooth connection like on my Pocketbook 903.

What I miss on pocketbook 903 and inkpad is
* use of a usb client to connect an external usb stick.
* connection to google drive
This because my complete library of books is on usb stick and google drive.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #353
Conrad Psuta
Conrad Psuta began at the beginning.

Device: Aqua 2
My 2 cents (копейкаs)

black/white inversion
or good night mode.
Screen is a bit too bright for reading in complete darkness (aqua 2)

smartphone with proper app doing better in this matter
Conrad Psuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:53 AM   #354
Inkpad3
Inkpad3 is on a distinguished road

Device: Pocketbok - Inkpad 3
More Fonts options

Fonts selection :
I want to have the ability to enable/disable fonts in parameters like i have the ability to do it for dictionary. For example there is many system fonts i want to disable because i doesn't use them and i have set my own.

Fonts Darkness configuration:
I want the ability to set the darkness of fonts. I want darker fonts !

It was already requested in this quote :
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
For PDF documents Kindle has the capability to make the font darker; it seems a software capability not related to the display type. I need that capability for pocketbook too.
I want the ability to set font darker too !
Inkpad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:36 AM   #355
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
When select a word, it will be useful, that you can search in the entire book this word, not that you have to write it in the search option
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #356
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook inkpad 3
dictionary

Dictionary font size option (it's too big), dictionary popup size (small, I always have to scroll).
It's a shame this poor dictionary ruins this great device...

Edit: if you not intend to waste a lot of time just decrease the font size, it would help a lot, please

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxx; 12-28-2018 at 11:30 AM.
xxxxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:31 AM   #357
lorenzoferro
lorenzoferro began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
A real RSS FEED read

Hello,

I just bought a touch lux 4 expecially because the only one without android with rss reader app; disappointingly I found that is a simple web-browser rendering, so not very functional though, expecially considering that web-browser is very slow ( not only the web-browser.. I expected best performance from this product .. hope in some firmware update .... ).

Any way to install other rss reader app ? Thanks a lot and please be patient with my english . Bye. Lorenzo.
lorenzoferro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #358
selmerry
selmerry began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3 (632)
New pocketbook owner here. Not sure if anyone mentioned it before but an option to export notes and highlights like Kindle would be great. Also they don't sync to PB cloud for some reason. Android app syncs fine
selmerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:53 PM   #359
selmerry
selmerry began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3 (632)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoferro View Post
Hello,

I just bought a touch lux 4 expecially because the only one without android with rss reader app; disappointingly I found that is a simple web-browser rendering, so not very functional though, expecially considering that web-browser is very slow ( not only the web-browser.. I expected best performance from this product .. hope in some firmware update .... ).

Any way to install other rss reader app ? Thanks a lot and please be patient with my english . Bye. Lorenzo.
You can use Calibre to fetch news and make epubs for you and automatically email the file to your send to pocketbook email address
selmerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:59 AM   #360
lorenzoferro
lorenzoferro began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by selmerry View Post
You can use Calibre to fetch news and make epubs for you and automatically email the file to your send to pocketbook email address
Just know it, but i need every day to connect the ereader to the pc.. not very comfy.... thanks anyway...
lorenzoferro is offline   Reply With Quote