Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
EPUB to MOBI text issue

Hi All

I normally read mobi books on my Kindle Fire with the colour set to black, this gives me a black background and white text.

I have found that more and more when I convert from EPUB to MOBI format then I get black and black so both the text and background is black, I have to change it to Septia to be able to read the book.

Is there a setting in the conversion I am missing that will allow me to fix this issue?

Thanks
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think this will work

On the Conversion dialog (per book): transform tab:
Add a rule
color: white;
background-color:black
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
Thanks, do you mean the common options transform styles section?
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSBS View Post
Thanks, do you mean the common options transform styles section?
I was indicating the Dialog when you start a conversion, NOT Preferences.
Anything you do in Preferences applies to ALL future NEW (or if you reset at the start of a conversion) conversions.
Do you really want to risk? IMHO do a few 'test cases', then decide

BTW My code also forced a black background. You can set any valid color
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #5
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
You might also try checking the "color" box in the conversion dialogs under "Look & Feel" section, "Styling" tab, "Filter Style Informat" area. By deleting all color references the display should default to the settings made in the reading app.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black and white, conversion from epub, text