Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
PRS505 Loose plastic along bottom?

Hey guys,

Just curious, I notice the plastic along the bottom of my PRS505 appears to be a little loose along the middle of the bottom. I notice when reading that it sticks out slightly, and when I push it in, it stays for a moment and loosens up again, almost like it should be glued tight and flush, and maybe some of it was glued too lightly in the middle.

Is this just mine, or do others notice this too?
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I haven't taken one apart, but I expected those strips to be attached with screws of some sort, like the 500's are. It hasn't had any sharp jolts, has it?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

No jolts at all, I baby this thing. Its not loose like about to fall off, just enough to bother me (I'm very perfectionistic with these things. If it was a screw, I would just tighten it....looks more like it was assembled with slots that press in and glued on.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm. Well then, I can't think of anything it might be besides what you're suggesting.

I s'pose you could wedge a bit of paper in there to tighten it up, but no other suggestion comes to mind off-hand ....
Old 03-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
See igorsk's Sony Reader PRS-505 disassembly photo stream.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist

Thanks, gwynevans!

Yeah, it looks like there are some things in there that might account for your looseness, DougFNJ, particularly here.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #7
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

Thanks all, looks like it is "normal"
Old 03-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #8
BobLenx
Connoisseur
BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony505 K2 K3
Plastic? Do you mean the plastic in the removable bookcover? I don't see any plastic on my unit, it is all metal.
BobLenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #9
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLenx View Post
Plastic? Do you mean the plastic in the removable bookcover? I don't see any plastic on my unit, it is all metal.
The chromed strips on top and bottom are 100% plastic.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
The chromed strips on top and bottom are 100% plastic.
Well, I think the chrome is actual metal, but it's a very thin layer, so probably 99.99999% plastic.