Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
tagtag
tagtag began at the beginning.

Device: Nook wifi (B&W)
does anyone use windows live mesh with calibre?

Hey all,

I was thinking that I might use Windows Live Mesh to keep my Calibre library in sync between three computers. Is anyone else using that instead of storing the library in Dropbox?

The reason I'm thinking of Live Mesh is that there's unlimited storage space for P2P transfers, and if I want to store it in the cloud then there's a 5 GB storage limit.

Would love feedback if anyone uses this instead of Dropbox.

Thanks!
tagtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
It should work exactly like using Dropbox. Both Mesh and Dropbox use local folders that are monitored by a process and kept in sync that way. They both just look like regular filesystem folders to Calibre.

Also, unless your library mostly consists of picture-heavy books and technical manuals, 5GB is one massive library. If you're worried about the "what if?" scenario, measure your existing library and see where you're currently at. My library of some ~200 books is currently 375MB. I could fit 13 times the size of my current library in 5GB of space, so I figure it'll be quite a long time before I even come close to reaching the 5GB limit of Dropbox.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert