Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
Fia
Fia began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
When reading books, novels

that is, mainly plain text, do I need to bother about how many grey levels the device supports?

I am choosing between Cybook Opus and NUUT2, since those two models are available in a shop nearby - and I think that I want to get some touch-and-feel on the device I choose.

As I see, the Opus has the advantages of being light and small, and the NUUT has more grey levels and bigger screen.

I am trying hard not to chose just the one that looks nicest (Opus is so cute!) but to make a well considered desicion.
Fia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
No, it doesn't make any difference for text (except perhaps PDFs with images, but that is not what you're talking about).

The ebook reader I owned that I REALLY liked was also the cutest looking - so don't discount the 'attraction' factor. It was also easy to use and generally worked great, but æsthethics was definitely also a factor - I like that the things I use look well as well as work well.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
Fia

Thankyou for your input!

But now my eyes fell on PocketBook360, which seems a tad better than Opus, and with the cheap dollar is quite a bit cheaper than the Opus...

Why must it be so hard to choose??!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's part of the fun!

BTW, remember to add import tax and fees to American prices.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:47 AM   #5
Fia

You're quite right.... And if I go with the Opus, I could buy it on my way home from work TODAY....
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Fia

Opus! Or should I say oups....
I could not resist anymore but went and bought myself an Opus today. I thought that all the models I looked on had the possibility to play mp3s at the same time as reading - but not Opus I just realized. Well, well - I don't listen to music while reading anyway, I cannot concentrate on both.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
Ea
Wizard

Congratulations with your new e-reader! I know the feeling, BTW....

I don't you'll miss the ability to play mp3s. In any case, it's supposed to deplete the battery rather quickly. Now taht I think about it, I have never actually tried to use an e-reader for listening to music

So, what is the first book you are reading?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:16 AM   #8
Fia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Congratulations with your new e-reader! I know the feeling, BTW....

I don't you'll miss the ability to play mp3s. In any case, it's supposed to deplete the battery rather quickly. Now taht I think about it, I have never actually tried to use an e-reader for listening to music

So, what is the first book you are reading?
A book I've been waiting to come out in paperback to feel that it should be worth the money to buy (instead I buy an Opus for ten times the money the book would have cost me ) but I now easily could borrow from the library.

Lars Keplers "Hypnotisören" Don't know the title in English, but if I remember correctly you're Danish and maybe understand the Swedish title.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:59 AM   #9
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fia View Post
Lars Keplers "Hypnotisören" Don't know the title in English, but if I remember correctly you're Danish and maybe understand the Swedish title.
'The Hypnotist' (as you could probably guess )
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #10
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
'The Hypnotist' (as you could probably guess )
And "Hypnotisøren" in Danish